Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation Photos - Post your "AirPics" here!
F15 and P51...way cool stuff

Steve

Attached Files Image(s)

Kinda backlit this time....

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome pic of the P-51 and the F-15E

Love those old school & current day Heritage Flights
here's a shot of an HH65a Dauphin....

Attached Files Image(s)

Same ship dropping a diver for the air show demo

Attached Files Image(s)

and the successful recovery

Attached Files Image(s)

Great pics of the USCG HH-65. We have some based at Cecil Commerce Center (former NAS Cecil Field) here in Jacksonville, FL. I will try to get some pics.

Chris
[quote name='Srresquire' post='327267' date='Aug 5 2009, 22:18 ']here's a shot of an HH65a Dauphin....[/quote]

NICE!
-Ted Pendergast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
[url="http://www.firstduephotos.com"][Image: 80832888-L.jpg][/url]
[quote name='s3onewire' post='327363' date='Aug 6 2009, 00:09 ']Great pics of the USCG HH-65. We have some based at Cecil Commerce Center (former NAS Cecil Field) here in Jacksonville, FL. I will try to get some pics.

Chris[/quote]

I was with VA-172 at Cecil Field. You have any shots from the Commerce Center?
Wagonman,

I have some aerial photos somewhere that I took while getting a ride in a blimp from 5 years or so ago. When were you there last? My father was a A-7 AE back in the day, seems like I grew up at Cecil. I was stationed there as a S-3 VIking AE with VS-30 from 92-96, the base was shut down a few years later while I was on shotre duty at Jax. If there is anything in particular you want photos of let me know, alot has changed, most of the old navy buildings have been torn down, even the water towers were removed a few years ago. Alot of promise out there, but not alot of action. Had a few aviation companies talk a big game and back out at the last minute. Anyway, I am only a few minutes down the road, will be more than happy to get some pics for you.

Chris

s3onewire@yahoo.com
Wagonman,

Here's some pics of Cecil that I took a few years ago while flying over the area in the Metlife Snoopy 2 blimp. In this pic the double humped hanger (lower left) was used by VA-174 (A-7 trng sqdn) for many years. Towrads the end of NAS Cecil Field it was used by the Strike Fighter Wing. The old AIMD buildings are also visible in the lower middle portion of the photo, along with the old B circle where all of the enlisted barracks were once located. Notice that whole area has been cleared.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry for the gondola cables in these shots, but they are all over the blimp, pretty hard to get a image without having some in the photo. In this shot you will see the only naval aircraft left at Cecil Commerce Center, a F/A-18 Hornet display aircraft in the lower left corner of the photo. Hangers 13, 14, and 860 are visible in the left side of the shot.

JFRD fire station 56, formerly the USN crash shack

Philadelphia Police Department "Tac-Air 1" Bell 206L4A Long Ranger

Attached Files Image(s)

here's a shot of Lima Lima doing the opposing flight path manuver...very neat to see....

Attached Files Image(s)

Also from the Milwaukee show the Firebirds Delta team

Attached Files Image(s)

How can ya not like these guys....

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting shot. Not too often that you see the 2 seater in use as the #2 jet.
One last shot from Milwaukee...

I have all the images on my site if ya wanna see more....

Steve

[url="http://ksc711.smugmug.com/gallery/9060258_Rw2cJ#603195577_Vy7Cg"]http://ksc711.smugmug.com/gallery/9060258_...603195577_Vy7Cg[/url]

Attached Files Image(s)

China Airlines Cargo 747 departing Miami International Airport