Keystone State Relics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Allehgeny County Air Port Pittsburg PA 1962 ALF 900 Crash truck

ALF Factory photo
[quote name='mgk110' post='331359' date='Aug 23 2009, 11:56 ']I think this rig my have been bought used by the city. I looks like the one in John Schmidt's book that he and Sparky posed in front of on Station 14's apron. The rotator all the way over on the drivers side is a give away. I have never seen that set up on any other city rig. I don't have my book right now but I believe it was bought from Barnsboro, Pa.

Open Cab Mack could probably shed more light on this.[/quote]

This is the engine bought from Barnsboro. At one time it served as 5 Engine. While Sparky worked at 14, which was 24 before the re-numbering in 1982, it was serving temporarily as 24 Engine. In the above picture, it served as 51 Engine on the North Side which was originally Station No. 11 of Allegheny City. It later became 51 when Allegheny was annexed into the Ciy of Pittsburgh. After re-numbering in 1982, this station became 39. This station required a very short wheelbased rig due to the narrow streets in the Troy-Hill section of the city.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='taurudak' post='330612' date='Aug 19 2009, 08:02 ']America Hose Hook & Ladder of Bristol Lad 25 was a Maxim.[/quote]

Here's a photo I took WAY back in the late 1980's at the Wheaton Village muster in south Jersey.

[quote name='taurudak' post='330615' date='Aug 19 2009, 08:06 ']And finally, William Penn FC of Hulmeville Eng 73 was a Ward LaFrance.[/quote]

Here's a current photo of this rig. I shot it at the 2009 Wheaton Village muster in south Jersey. It's now privately owned and is registered with NJ vintage vehicle plates.

[quote name='jmp883' post='331411' date='Aug 23 2009, 13:31 ']Here's a photo I took WAY back in the late 1980's at the Wheaton Village muster in south Jersey.[/quote]

Wow, great shot, that must have been right after my grandfather bought it. I had the pleasure of wheeling this rig many times before we got rid of it.... ah the memories... thanks for posting.
Annville PA 1948 ALF 700 series

unknown photographer
Annville PA 1948 ALF 700 series

Lebanon County

unknown photographer
Blairville PA 1948 ALF 700

unknown photographer
Blossburg PA 1951 ALF Chevy

unknown photographer
Blossburg PA 1951 ALF Chevy

privately owned

unknown photographer