Woodcliff Lakes,NJ

1996 KW T-300/P&L Custom

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Woodcliff Lakes,NJ

2009 Pierce/Velocity 95'

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

ok i know it has advertisements for a dental services but does anyone know what this is actually used for??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='anesti' date='16 October 2009 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1255747547' post='343212']

ok i know it has advertisements for a dental services but does anyone know what this is actually used for??

[/quote]

It's a mobile dental clinic.
Jay Kormann
[quote name='Jay Kormann' date='16 October 2009 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1255747952' post='343214']

It's a mobile dental clinic.

[/quote]

ahh makes sense thank for the answer
[quote name='anesti' date='16 October 2009 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1255747547' post='343212']

[/quote]

Its actually a mobile dental clinic that visits schools to give dental care to children.. Its Newton, NJ's former American LaFrance pumper.
Adam Alberti

www.njfirepictures.smugmug.com

Lieutenant Passaic, NJ Fire Dept.

Past Chief Roxbury Twp, NJ Volunteer Fire Dept

[/quote]

As Jay wrote, it is a mobile dental clinic. I have gotten to chat with the dentist who bought the old engine and rehabbed it as such. Among his patients are many kids who otherwise would put up a fight going to the dentist.

Rich Dean
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Lodi NJ Truck 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Villas,Nj

1987 Ford/Young

1250/2000

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Far HIlls-Bedminster Fire Department

Pierce Velocity 100' Tower

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='dpetersen' date='22 October 2009 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1256260038' post='344165']

Far HIlls-Bedminster Fire Department

Pierce Velocity 100' Tower

[/quote]

Judging by it being "121" i guess you guys up NORTH did not get a Pump on that!!! YEA! another Real TRUCK in Somerset. There are only a FEW!

Our previous '89 Hahn ran without a pump, also.
Any one know where the Far-Hills LTI Hahn is now?
its in the firehouse. I shot it on Tuesday along with the new one and everything else in the house.
Thanks. I thought it was gone.

Off hand, I think this was the only Hahn tilt cab used with an aerial device
From what I've heard about the Hahn from fellow members, this was one of the last chassis built of this type. The department had a heck of a time getting the chassis from Hahn, as the company closed at the time it was nearly completed. Originally, the cab had a smaller grill, which was enlarged, as well as coolers installed in the bumper with vents to compensate for an inherent overheating problem when first acquired. It did serve us well, being the only ladder in the area aside from Lyons VA hospital.
My company has a tilt cab Hahn pumper and after a few years of pump test it overheated and we found out the radiator was too small for the engine. Who knew...

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
[quote name='dawson_fire' date='02 November 2009 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1257136295' post='345618']

My company has a tilt cab Hahn pumper and after a few years of pump test it overheated and we found out the radiator was too small for the engine. Who knew...

Terry

[/quote]

Only a handfull of these were built, A quick guess 14. I posted them on Youngstown and most on the Hahn thread. I guess the engine modification explains the missing Hahn letters from the Far Hills truck.
I thought I had heard once upon a time there were 21-22 of the tilt-cabs built from the offical photographer when he shot it back in 1989,but I could not verify that one way or another...

Terry
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
The Hahn list I have shows 27 tilt-cabs built (all models).