Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
[quote name='rpbravest29fd' timestamp='1324650118' post='468378']

Medic,

What is New Brunswick currently operating front line? I had read some where that they had ordered a new Seagrave engine but was not sure if that was correct.

Also, where did they get the Pierce tower from?

Thanks in advance for the info!

John

[/quote]

New Brunswick current operates 3 Engine Companies, a Ladder Company, and when staffing is real good they will put two guys on their rescue. Sometimes the chief will have a driver.

All first line engines are Seagraves. Photo from Mike Martinelli's site: [url="http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/otherstates/Middlesex%20County/New%20Brunswick.htm"]http://www.fdnytruck...20Brunswick.htm[/url]

Ladder 1 is a ALF/LTI 93 foot Ladder Tower that sees more time at the local ALF dealer getting repairs for whatever ails it that week. Ladder 2 is a 1987 Pierce 110ft with 1500gpm 200g tank although New Brunswick might not use the pump, at least I've never seen them use it. This was bought from Elizabeth Avenue Fire Company in neighboring Franklin Twp when Elizabeth Avenue purchased a new ladder in 2006.([url="http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/otherstates/Somerset%20County/Elizabeth%20Ave.%20FC.htm"]http://www.fdnytruck...20Ave.%20FC.htm[/url]).

The Deputy Chief, known as "21" uses a Chevy Suburban with Car "24" in reserve. Rescue 3 is a 1990ish Ford F series with a utility body by Saulsbury. The story is the Saulsbury was so embarrassed about how it came out (New Brunswick barely had a dime to spend) they refused to pt their name on it.

Reserve pumps are as mentioned above. The 1977 Mack/Howe runs from Engine 2 as Engine 11 and a Seagrave that sits in reserve both at Engine 5 and at Engine 2. At Engine 2 they also have a 17ft RIB they have on a trailer. .Their newest apparatus is a Ford F series with a utility body. I think it is used by the training captain who might also serve as their safety officer/Jack of all trades. Photo below.

Their fire prevention unit operates several Ford CVPI and pick ups.

Their fire director operates I think its a Chevy Tahoe, unmarked and all white in color.

I don't know if they have anything on order. I know they were out last year looking for a "new" used rescue

[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1324684872' post='468454'][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=84708][/quote]

Does anyone have more information on this truck?
Kory Green

Captain

Dresden Fire Department

Training Officer

Martin Fire Department
[quote name='Kory' timestamp='1324701773' post='468501']

Does anyone have more information on this truck?

[/quote]

I don't think its anything special about this. Either a locally bought or ore likely bought off state contract. Ford F450(?) with a Reading body. Lights and siren installed locally.
Cranbury Middlesex County's antique 1934 Dodge/Hale 500/100 Pumper

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cranbury First Aid Squad of Middlesex County's antique 1957 Caddy/S&S Ambulance

Attached Files Image(s)

Woodbury's former Imperial/Grumman Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Thorofare's 1998 Pierce 1500/750 Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Mount Ephraim's former Ford/Boardman Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Elizabeth Rescue 2

EMS-7

Engine 7

Union Truck 2 currently running as Elizabeth Ladder 1

Special Operations

Rescue 2

Unknown EMS unit driving through Elizabeth.

Engine 3

Mechanic Truck

Ladder 2

Air Support