Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
Gator-1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Emergency 1 2008 GMC. Body I believe is by Trauma Hawk.

Emergency 2 (spare still lettered for Emergency 1) 1992 Ford.

1951 Mack L-model owned by the West Ridge Company. Unless I'm mistaken, it originally served New Haven.

Owned by Northeast Fire Association, it originally served as FDNY Engine 258.

[quote name='dl-109' date='29 May 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1275157085' post='384344']

Emergency 1 2008 GMC. Body I believe is by Trauma Hawk.

[/quote]

Bodywork is by AEV (Americn Emergency Vehicles), the model is "Trauma Hawk".
[quote name='dl-109' date='29 May 2010 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1275157315' post='384346']

1951 Mack L-model owned by the West Ridge Company. Unless I'm mistaken, it originally served New Haven.

[/quote]

This rig is the original truck North Haven purchased for the newly formed West Ridge company. Prior to its formation, North Haven paid the town of Hamden an annual fee to provide fire protection to the western section of North Haven. The truck you are thinking about belongs to Montowese Company 2, a 1963 Seagrave, which indeed originally served New Haven.
[quote name='firetrucknut' date='29 May 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1275172771' post='384360']

This rig is the original truck North Haven purchased for the newly formed West Ridge company. Prior to its formation, North Haven paid the town of Hamden an annual fee to provide fire protection to the western section of North Haven. The truck you are thinking about belongs to Montowese Company 2, a 1963 Seagrave, which indeed originally served New Haven.

[/quote]

I know about the Montowese rig serving New Haven, I thought I saw somewhere this truck also served. Thanks for straightening that out.

ffemtwakeman: Thanks for the info on the AEV/Trauma Hawk thing.
North Haven Engine 7 was formally Engine 1 before the new headquarters pumper was purchased.

Nut you beat me to it, I friends with Joe M. over at West Ridge (just have to say "Number 1, Number 2 says hi!" Long story LOL) He or his brother usually drive the Mack up to Lynnfield or to the convention. It is a great rig to see up close.
Is it a safe guess the color coded grill numbers correspond with the company the truck is assigned to?
[quote name='dl-109' date='04 June 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1275699065' post='385458']

Is it a safe guess the color coded grill numbers correspond with the company the truck is assigned to?

[/quote]

Yes, its also the color code for all of the small equipment that they carry i.e. axes, halligans, extinguishers, etc
East Great Plain Vol (Norwich) Rescue 7

Laurel Hill Vol (Norwich) Hose Reel

Attached Files Image(s)

EGP's rescue I believe is up for replacement and Laurel Hill HT was originally from Old Lyme I believe.
[quote name='dl-109' date='04 June 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1275699065' post='385458']

[/quote]

Exactly, here's the companies in North Haven

Headquarters Company No. 1 - Career station (White) - Engine 1, Truck 1, Emergency 1, Emergency 2 (spare)

Montowese (pronounced Mon-To-Wheeze) Fire Company No. 2 (Blue) - Engine 2 & 8

West Ridge Fire Company No. 3 (Yellow) - Engine 4 & 6

Northeast Fire Company No. 4 (Red) - Engine 5 & 7

As for why there is no Engine 3, I assume that designation was used at Company No. 1 for their second engine company. At least on both the North Haven FD and the Local's website there are older pics of Engine 1 and Engine 3 together at the old headquarters firehouse on Broadway (located across and down the road from the current HQ). I don't know if that it was used before the organization of Co.'s 3 & 4 though.
    Old Saybrook had their 4th annual firefighter competition this weekend and managed to get a few shots. I'll add department info as I go. A nice group shot of OSFD rigs. The rescue is a 2009 Pierce Velocity. The Ferrara Inferno pump is a 2005 model, while the Sutphen tower is a 200l .
    Old Saybrook's rescue. Old Saybrook is an all volunteer department protecting 10,300 people in 15 square miles. The odd ball cab roof configuration is a space for the light tower.
    The last Old Saybrook rig is truely a classic. A 1975 Mack CF/Pierce 1500/300/75' telesqurt. Allingtown District in the town of West Haven ran a similar rig.

Old Lyme runs this rare 2-door Pierce Dash 1250/1000 pumper. Old Lyme is an all volunteer department protection 7,400 people in 23 square miles.

Clinton runs this 1997 Kenworth 500/2500 tanker. The Clinton Volunteer Fire Department covers 19 square miles and protects a population of 13,000 residents