Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
New "S21" (Fire Alarm)

Engine 6 (former E 4 1989 E One)

Quincy C 1

Better Shot of E 6

Special Service 1 and the Oil Responce trailer

[quote name='JStrunk866' date='19 June 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1277000023' post='388123']

Ask and ye shall receive.

[/quote]

hey lou, great rig, just out of curiosity, how much hose do you guys carry off the back?
[quote name='FiremanJoe' date='25 June 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1277485533' post='388971']

hey lou, great rig, just out of curiosity, how much hose do you guys carry off the back?

[/quote]

I can't take any credit, the guys on our committee did all the work.

We carry 900' of LDH (4 inch on 1250 gpms or 5 inch on 1500 gpms) in the bed, plus short rolled lengths (2-25' & 1-50')in cabinets totaling 1000' of LDH per engine. Off the back there are also 600 ft of 2 1/2 inch and 250 ft of 1 3/4 inch (pre-connected - some are set up for foam ops).

Pre-connected cross lays are both 1 3/4 inch hose with 150' and 200' lengths. Depending on the captain's preference sometimes the 200' and 250' lengths are swapped positions. We also carry 200' rolled 1 3/4 inch in the cabinets and a "trash line" of 100 feet (or less) not suitable for interior use, either in the front bumper or a saddle bin below the passenger's side pump panel.

All our engines are generally set up the same, with slight variations depending on model and year. These are the first big changes in a while.

The only other hose we have in the department is 3 inch on our 2 trucks that are not piped (L2 and the spare) to supply ladder pipes.
Jay Strunk

Lowell Fire Dept.

Captain: Engine Co. 6

Author: Images of America: Lowell Firefighting
Went out to the New England Fire Chiefs Association show in Springfield, MA. Its running all this weekend and is an annual trip west for me. I didnt shoot a lot of photos, but heres what I did shoot.

In my opinion, this truck is the star of the show. Lowell E6, a 2010 Pierce Arrow XT. This truck is a basic attack pumper which is something I believe most departments have gotten away from. To many extra bells and whistles adorn apparatus these days. The Lowell apparatus committee did an excellent job specing these units (an identical pumper was built for E11). Its a small, no frills pumper that will serve Lowell well for years to come.

Front view.

Attached Files Image(s)

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Lowell E6, 3/4 drivers side view. Did the best I could to get this shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Lowell E6, rear view. Awesome work on the low hose bed. Very workable unit.

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Lowell E6, 3/4 officers side view.

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Boston E37. Sorry for the flagpoles, but KME put up flags for their outside booth which were held up using 37s front wheels

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com