Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[Image: IMG_1253.jpg]

I found this rig sitting on the grounds of the San Diego FD training center, Its an EX LACoFD ward you can see the faded out LACoFD logos on it, Its owned by there emerald society and was meant to be restored but so far no progress

This 1949 American Lafrance is rotting away in Tolono, IL. I have no numbers on this rig. I believe it is x-springfield, il and x-dewey, il.
Back side

Attached Files Image(s)

[color="#FF0000"]D Herndobler[/color]
Here is the faded Springfield decal.
Here is the faded Springfield decal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Salvation Army Canteen found at a auto shop in Chambersburg,PA:

Attached Files Image(s)

GMC pumper found in the weeds behind an RV shop in Gettysburg,PA:

Attached Files Image(s)

Same GMC rear 3/4:

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='ResQguy' post='27921' date='Aug 29 2006, 20:22 ']Salvation Army Canteen found at a auto shop in Chambersburg,PA:[/quote]

Gee I see it has moved in the last year - I cought it at the same location on 8/13/05

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chris O. - DCFD F/F NREMT-B and member of Friendship Fire Association, CAFAA & ODHFS

[color="#ff0000"]Owner 1968 Mack CF Semi-Open Cab CF-600 ex. Cumberland, MD Original E1 Retired E4

Owner 1974 Mack CF CF-700 ex. Willow Grove, PA E10-3; Dillsburg, PA E64[/color]

[size="6"][color="#000000"]REAL FIRE TRUCKS ARE BLACK AND[/color] [color="#ffffff"]WHITE[/color][/size]

[color="#000000"]COLOR DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF YOU ARE COLOR BLIND - JUST THE SHADE[/color]
and a rear shot - Taken on 8/13/05 at the same shop outside of Chambersburg, PA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chris O. - DCFD F/F NREMT-B and member of Friendship Fire Association, CAFAA & ODHFS

[color="#ff0000"]Owner 1968 Mack CF Semi-Open Cab CF-600 ex. Cumberland, MD Original E1 Retired E4

Owner 1974 Mack CF CF-700 ex. Willow Grove, PA E10-3; Dillsburg, PA E64[/color]

[size="6"][color="#000000"]REAL FIRE TRUCKS ARE BLACK AND[/color] [color="#ffffff"]WHITE[/color][/size]

[color="#000000"]COLOR DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF YOU ARE COLOR BLIND - JUST THE SHADE[/color]
Here is ex Squad 1 from Manassas VA. Found this sitting next to the Renyolds Store VFD in Frederick County VA a little over a year ago. Went back a few weeks ago and it was in a bay, but with an inspection sticker of 07 of 2004.

Attached Files Image(s)

This ALF rescue is Awesome!! I would love to hear the story behind it, and how it was equipped when it was purchased. I think it would look beautiful without some of the clutter on the front and the original lights on the roof. Anyone in the know?? I would be tempted to buy this..Wonder if it would make the trip to AZ?
Rich,

If I remember correctly, the ALF chassis was actually a pumper from Dulles Airport and I don't remember where the body came from.

John
The chassis came from an ALF Engine at National Airport (I will try to get a picture next time I am at work) and the body came off a GMC or Chevy that Manassas already ran. All the work to the unit was done at Keplinger (I think) Here is a picture after the chassis and body were completed and ready for service.

Credit for photo goes to Mike Sanders. Maybe he has one of the squad before the rehab.

Attached Files Image(s)

here is something a little different. These photos were taken at my grand parents auto salvage business in the early 60's, I knew I had them around but didn't find them until today. Pictured is Beverly, MA Engine 1's 1923 or 1924 Ahrens Fox being dismantled. From what I was told they also scrapped Beverly Ladder 1's Ahrens Fox tillered aerial at the same time, although I do not have any pictures of it.

Second photo of Beverly Engine 1.

[quote name='massfirebuff' post='34355' date='Sep 15 2006, 19:30 ']here is something a little different. These photos were taken at my grand parents auto salvage business in the early 60's, I knew I had them around but didn't find them until today. Pictured is Beverly, MA Engine 1's 1923 or 1924 Ahrens Fox being dismantled. From what I was told they also scrapped Beverly Ladder 1's Ahrens Fox tillered aerial at the same time, although I do not have any pictures of it.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=6444][/quote]

Lord, forgive them for they do not know what they do to alter history... lolol

Shame to see that. But that's life
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
I almost forgot to post this, here is what remains of the Ahrens Fox. I repainted it a few years ago, also the serial number is printed on the botton left corner, although not visible in this picture.

I found this when I cleaned out my grand parents house. There were other parts around too from what I was told but never found them. Too bad they didn't keep the whole thing!

[quote name='arff-ff' post='32799' date='Sep 11 2006, 06:30 ']The chassis came from an ALF Engine at National Airport (I will try to get a picture next time I am at work) and the body came off a GMC or Chevy that Manassas already ran. All the work to the unit was done at Keplinger (I think) Here is a picture after the chassis and body were completed and ready for service.

Credit for photo goes to Mike Sanders. Maybe he has one of the squad before the rehab.[/quote]

Keplinger did the work on this unique rehab.

They took the front end of a 1971 American LaFrance pumper that ran from the Washington Airport Authority (Washington Airport and Dulles Airport).

Here is the ALF

1971 ALF

1500/500

s/n 812492

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Keplinger took the ALF cab and joined it to Manassas Rescue Squad's squad body.

Here is the squad prior to the rehab

1973 Chevrolet/Reading

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA