Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church Fire- Baltimore, MD. 12-27-2013
Around 3:30 this morning Engine 4 and Truck 29 responded to an automatic alarm from the Northwood-Appold United Methodist Church at Cold Spring Lane and Loch Raven Blvd. in northeast Baltimore. When they arrived they were greeted with heavy smoke blowing across the intersection and when they entered the church there was heavy smoke and heavy fire at the ceiling level. They set up a portable monitor pipe at the front door and asked that the full box assignment be struck out.

Shortly thereafter subsequent alarms were struck out up to the fourth.

Here's when I arrived, most of the roof was burnt off and the inside still fully involved:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SIDE D:

SIDE A:

SIDE B:

They were trying to keep the fire from getting into the attached school on the left, but to no avail it eventually went too.

This is side D again with the school part now involved. The school was attached at sides B & D. It eventually took hold of it.

It wasn't brought under control until about 11:00 AM. A crane was brought in to take the steeple down when it was over, before the investigators from

MD State Fire Marshal, Baltimore PD Arson, and the AT&F could enter to start the investigation. 

Wow! Great Shots! Who says automatic alarms never amount to anything?

Fantastic shots.
Wow! Great shots.

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Impressive scene, nice shots!

Nice set!!  Did the steeple collapse or remain listing like that? (I admit, I was almost waiting for a photo of that.)

American Red Cross - DAT Captain
Member 4-2-4 - 5-11 Club of Chicago

Nice shots Howard. 

Quote:Nice set!!  Did the steeple collapse or remain listing like that? (I admit, I was almost waiting for a photo of that.)
I was waiting for it to go too!!!   They were afraid it would fall later so they brought a crane in to take it down before the investigators could go  in and do their investigation.