Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancun Mexico - Hotel District Station
Stopped by the fire station on our honeymoon in Cancun last week. Only one station for the entire hotel district. The station housed a medic unit (outside) and a 1985 Sutphen 100' platform. We didn't get the best of pics, the guys just came back from a run and seemed somewhat tired.

First pic, the quint just returning. The street doesn't allow for much room to turn around.

Attached Files Image(s)

Still making the turn

Attached Files Image(s)

The driver was getting a work out, didn't appear to have power steering.

Attached Files Image(s)

Close up of the side as he was getting to backing it in

Attached Files Image(s)

Last one as he was putting it away. Pay no attention to the really white guy to the left, got in the way of her pic

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Last one as he was putting it away. Pay no attention to the really white guy to the left, got in the way of her pic

Interesting when we were in Cancun this summer they were running a late 1990-2000s white over red Eone cyclone II 75ft quint. The Stuphen looks worse for wear. Yellow and faded red, maybe yellow and the red was the primer. thanks for posting.
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
The E\-One was there 2 years ago when I was there last. The paint looked rough, but I think it was just faded yellow and pink.

Quote:Interesting when we were in Cancun this summer they were running a late 1990-2000s white over red Eone cyclone II 75ft quint. The Stuphen looks worse for wear. Yellow and faded red, maybe yellow and the red was the primer. thanks for posting.

Not really surprised an older Sutphen replacing a newer Eone
 The last department I volunteered with had a Late 80's Sutphen. The power steering would cut out at slow speeds as well.  This unit looks like it is painted in a yellow/pink paint scheme, with some type of pattern in the pink.

Good photos!

tHANKs
tHANKs
You would think that with all the money those resorts pull in that some of it would be set aside for brand new fire and EMS apparatus.

My department used to run a 1998 solid red Freightliner ambulance, like the one pictured above, and when we got rid of it four years ago the salesman said it would probably end up in Mexico.

That sticker on the side reminds me the Obummer logo. UGH. Repulsive even in Mexico.... lol.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.