Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Identify...
A friend of mine sent me this pic; it's badged a Kenworth, can anybody else provide additional information?  Thanks in advance.

At the recent Desert Classic Concours d’Elegance, Jesse at justacarguy spotted this gorgeous
<span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);background-color:#FFFFFF;"> 
<span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);background-color:#FFFFFF;">truck originally used by the Beverly HillsFire Department.</span></span>

Attached Files Image(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...CfoLs#t=93

Yeah, I was just given a link to it, thanks a million.

This is one of 5 apparatus (4 Engines and 1 Quad, The Quad and 2 Engines went to LAFD, one Pumper to BHFD and one to MGM for studio protection) built by United Fire Apparatus (not affilated with United Aircraft) with this type of Kenworth chassis (it has a pancake motor), and was subsidiary of the LA Kenworth dealer.  They also built several pumpers on the conventional type chassis, and supplied a Kenworth tractor of a 1920's Seagrave 85' wood stick during World War 2 for the LAFD.  These rigs were designed by a gentleman with the last name of Stauffer. 3_12_21 Stirpot Stirpot !!!!!

Here is a Dale Magee photo of LA City Truck 73 operating a 1939 Kenworth/United 500 gpm City Service truck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is a Dale Magee photo of LA City Truck 73 operating a 1939 Kenworth/United 500 gpm City Service truck.

Here is a Dale Magee photo of Los Angeles City Engine 74 operating a 1941 Kenworth/United 1250 GPM pumper.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the input everybody!!!!

This truck is a beauty....I'm interested in some interior shots, if any exist. Thanks for posting!