Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keasbey NJ's 1972 Mack CF Baker 2013 KME Rehab
shot it a couple of days ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My $.02:  They tried to make a 40 year old fire truck too modern looking.  The brow light kills the emblematic trade mark of the roofline of the Mack CF, same for the clear LED lens covers over the flashers on the cab.

Nice!!!!
Quote:My $.02:  They tried to make a 40 year old fire truck too modern looking.  The brow light kills the emblematic trade mark of the roofline of the Mack CF, same for the clear LED lens covers over the flashers on the cab.

Um, they were able to to make a 40 year old truck modern, kudos to them! It wasn't meant to be preserved as an antique, it was meant to keep serving in the 21st Century. Hope it works for them at the end of the day it's still 40 years old.
A very nice looking job.  What did this cost?

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
I think it looks bad ass. 

Adam Alberti

www.njfirepictures.smugmug.com

Lieutenant Passaic, NJ Fire Dept.

Past Chief Roxbury Twp, NJ Volunteer Fire Dept
Good photo!

tHANKs
tHANKs
I had a chance to see this rig at the Roanoke plant. They did a great job on it and basically rebuilt it from the frame up. It was repowered with a bigger hp motor, new axles and so on, This was supposed to be a rechassis but the department thought the cost was too much and they didn't want a tandem. It came out really nice.
Nice. Is that a grill added on the front?
Is it as amazing to anybody else as it is to me that a 40 year old piece of equipment is still going strong?  The people that built that rig back in 1972 should be proud of their craftsmanship.  

The grille was added because of the bigger motor
Quote:The grille was added because of the bigger motor

10-4.
This truck is gorgeous in my opinion!  I think you may see this happen to some more of the single axle CF's running around yet if this rig turns out a successful refurb. There are many departments that want an aerialscope or want to keep the one they have because they are short and easy to get around.  This is another option for some departments that may not want to upgrade to a tandem axle version.  Its just too bad there isn't a way to fully enclose the CF cab on these single axle rigs, now that would be sweet!!

VERY NICE

That is one of the best-looking trucks I've ever seen! A Department near mine refurbed a 1977 CF 700 engine to use as a hose wagon, including LED lighting. We get excited when we see it on a job...just not so excited to pick up the 4,000+ feet of LDH it carries.
Not hijacking this thread but funny story is me and a few buddies joked about going down and shooting this rig after seeing this rig but decided against it.. But Woodridge got hit with a 2nd alarm low and behold it was at the 2nd alarm.

[Image: k3m4iv.jpg]

very nice looking truck, good luck to them on it. Nice to see it didn't end up in the scrap yard. Does it still have a Mack Motor in it?

Quote:very nice looking truck, good luck to them on it. Nice to see it didn't end up in the scrap yard. Does it still have a Mack Motor in it?
I want to say it has a Detroit in it now.
Quote:My $.02:  They tried to make a 40 year old fire truck too modern looking.  The brow light kills the emblematic trade mark of the roofline of the Mack CF, same for the clear LED lens covers over the flashers on the cab.

I agree with a little bit from everyone- I think that the brow light (where it's sitting) and clear/silver LEDs don't do the truck justice, when you could have went with Red LEDs. Personally, the grille does it in for me, because I HATE KME's new grilles (the design). I also don't care for the added steps, at least not the big blocks of diamond plate, maybe some smaller steps, similar to what Pierce is beginning to do.

Now, the things I do like- I like that the cab remained open on the rear, I also like that the rear of the truck still looks like it should, not that closed off, botched rear end that Seagrave did with their first MII/Aerialscope remount. I love the fact that Keasbey went this route, in a world where everyone thinks they have to have the newest, biggest thing on the market, you just don't see it much anymore, and I like it.

FWIW-

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Does Keasbey have two different Mack Scopes?