Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brockton, MA 5th Alarm Warehouse Fire 8/5/2013
Brockton FAO received several calls and Street Box 1515 for a reported building fire @ Montello & Arch Sts. Engine 4,2,5, Tower 1 and Car 56 responded with Engine 4 arriving and reported a warehouse with heavy fire showing. This complex comprised of 5 interconnected buildings, the fire was contained to the middle, rear and right side building Deputy Kenney arrived and transmitted a 2nd Alarm bringing Squad A, Engine 7 and Ladder 2 to the scene. Companies protected exposure buildings as the fire building became fully involved. A 3rd Alarm was transmitted with Engine 3, Stoughton Engine 4 and Ladder 1 responding. Master streams were set up to contain the fire and protect exposures. Chief Francis transmitted a 4th Alarm and West Bridgewater Engine 1, Whitman Engine 1 took in the fire. Chief Francis requested a 5th Alarm to help with water supply and Avon Engine 1, Holbrook Engine along with East Bridgewater Tower 1. It took about 90 minutes to contain the blaze.

Rear of building with 1st due engine co.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 4 and Squad A crews operated 2 1/2" hand lines in the rear

"A" side of building on Montello St with Engine 2

Tower 1 operating at A-D corner of Montello and Exchange Sts

Ladder 1 on the D side protecting exposures

Also A-D corner, this corner building was loaded with tires

3 story wood frame tenement was damaged in the rear but crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the interior

Brockton Engine 2's Pierce pump in service 1 week and its 1st fire.

More on my website and thanks for viewing

good stuff

Good photos!

tHANKs
tHANKs
Great photos, really like the shot of Ladder 1. Good job keeping it out of the wood frame.

Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

Grt job as usual Bob .. this was a great stop considering the conditions on arrival and the exposure issues... could have been a far different story at o dark thirty with some wind in the winter... awesome job by all...
Great stuff 105

<sub>Great shots.</sub>

Just happened to be listening to an online feed when this job came in.Great Photos thanks for sharing.

They did a great job keeping it out of the 3-deckah. I like the shot of the A-D corner with the fire rolling out.

Nice shots!