Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Telesquirts (Telesqurt)
The more I get into buffing fire apparatus, the more I find myself drawn to the telesquirt. I know there are many that don't like them for various reasons, but I think when used correctly, they can be a very functional engine company. Unfortunately, I have zero pictures in my collection of any of these fine pieces of machinery. I plan to change this, but in the meantime, I'm turning to my peers in the photography world.

Anyone have any photos they are willing to share of any telesquirts (69' boom or less)?

(This photo of is of the only Telesquirt in my area courtesy of the Lincoln Fire Company website) 

Lincoln Fire Company (Lancaster County, PA)

Engine 16-1

1992 Pierce Lance

1750 GPM / 500 GWT / 54' Boom

Attached Files Image(s)

So, you're talking generic telesquirts, not brand specific Telesqurts?  This would include Skyboom's, Readi-Towers/Apache's, Stratospears, WLF TWT's, FireStix's, Aqua-Jets, and 55' Thibault's, as well as the Telesqurt?  I think I can come up with a few of them......

One more question:

What about the 75' Telesqurt and 75' Aqua-Jet?  They are still part of the same light-duty, telescopic water tower family, just longer.

I might have a few shots.  Fireman

There are the just plain squirts (light duty articulating booms) too. I imagine snozzles could fall into this category as well.
Aaron Woods
Thanks for the reply guys, 

I'm was thinking any make or model engine company with any variation of telescoping boom, water cannon, skyboom, water tower, fire stix, etc. Up to 75' as long as it's not a quint. I'm interested in engine companies. 

I'm hoping the mods will move this post back to the main apparatus forum now that I've added a photo to the first post. 

Baltimore County, MD once ran this 1989 Spartan/Emergency One 1250/500/54' sqt as Eng 57.

Attached Files Image(s)

Denton, MD had this 1987 Spartan/LTI 1250/500/55' Sqt as Eng 305.

Attached Files Image(s)

Patuxent River Naval Air Station had this 1990 Pierce Arrow 1000/500//100F/55' Sqt as Eng 31.

Attached Files Image(s)

Check with Chief Chris Mikal in New Orleans.  They have a fleet of Squirts.

Quote:Baltimore County, MD once ran this 1989 Spartan/Emergency One 1250/500/50' sqt as Eng 57.
Specifically, this is a 54' Squrt, a product of Snorkel.

Quote:Denton, MD had this 1987 Spartan/LTI 1250/500/55' Sqt as Eng 305.
This one is an L.T.I. 55' Firestix.

Quote:Patuxent River Naval Air Station had this Pierce Arrow 1500/750/55' Sqt as Eng 31.  I did not get the year on this.
This is a 1990 Pierce Arrow 1000/500/100F/65' Telesqurt, one of several delivered to the US Navy.
As GA_Dave has pointed out this are all different things.  Please try to label them correctly as it help for people searching for them later on.  Keep them coming.

Here is my favorite.  This baby saw tons of fire in the DC area. 

Bladensburg VFD Co. 9 Telesquirt 9 TS-9

1988 Seagrave J Cabe

2000 GPM 500 Gallon 

50 Telesquirt

Credit to Original Photographery

[Image: BladensburgTSQT9_Micah-M.jpg]

Here is my privately owned 1989 Mack Pierce Squrt. 500 Gal Tank, 2000 GPM, 54' Squrt.

Original to Dover Deleware Fire Department

Most Recent: Norristown PA (Hancock Fire Company)

Purchased in April 2016 now living happily retired in the state of Minnesota.

Thanks Dave for the info.  I have corrected things.

Beaverdale, PA Eng 22 was a 1986 Pierce Arrow 1500/500/54' which originally was owned by Elsmere, DE.

Attached Files Image(s)

Broomall, PA had a 1987 Duplex/Grumman 1500/750/50' which was TS 53.

Attached Files Image(s)

Singerly FC of Elkton, MD Sqt 314 is a 2000 HME/M&W 1250/1000/54'.

Attached Files Image(s)

Fairmount FC of Lansdale, PA has/had a 1980 Mack CF612, redone in 2003 by Swab 1500/500/50' Sqt as TS 14.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:The more I get into buffing fire apparatus, the more I find myself drawn to the telesquirt. I know there are many that don't like them for various reasons, but I think when used correctly, they can be a very functional engine company. Unfortunately, I have zero pictures in my collection of any of these fine pieces of machinery. I plan to change this, but in the meantime, I'm turning to my peers in the photography world.

Anyone have any photos they are willing to share of any telesquirts (69' boom or less)?

(This photo of is of the only Telesquirt in my area courtesy of the Lincoln Fire Company website) 

Engine 16-1

1992 Pierce Lance

That isn't a TeleSqurt - it's just a Squrt. Only the telescoping-boom rigs were TeleSqurts, not the articulating boom ones.

The Syracuse Fire Department has used telescoping booms on its engines for over 44 years, including booms from nearly every manufacturer that offered them. Our preference has always been - and continues to be - the TeleSqurt boom. Here is a photo of one of the rigs that started it all . . . one of the very first two SFD "Maxi-Pumpers":

[Image: Ward%20LaFrance%20E18_zps6slmv3lf.png]

1973 Ward LaFrance Ambassador #80-732

50' TeleSqurt - 1500 gpm - 500 tank

4x4 chassis
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Fassy" data-cid="561162" data-time="1486086997">
<div>
The more I get into buffing fire apparatus, the more I find myself drawn to the telesquirt. I know there are many that don't like them for various reasons, but I think when used correctly, they can be a very functional engine company. Unfortunately, I have zero pictures in my collection of any of these fine pieces of machinery. I plan to change this, but in the meantime, I'm turning to my peers in the photography world.

Engine 16-1

1992 Pierce Lance

That isn't a TeleSqurt - it's just a Squrt. Only the telescoping-boom rigs were TeleSqurts, not the articulating boom ones.

The Syracuse Fire Department has used telescoping booms on its engines for over 44 years, including booms from nearly every manufacturer that offered them. Our preference has always been - and continues to be - the TeleSqurt boom. Here is a photo of one of the rigs that started it all . . . one of the very first two SFD "Maxi-Pumpers":

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s5.photobucket.com/user/fyreline/media/Ward%20LaFrance%20E18_zps6slmv3lf.png.html">[Image: Ward%20LaFrance%20E18_zps6slmv3lf.png]</a>

1973 Ward LaFrance Ambassador #80-732

50' TeleSqurt - 1500 gpm - 500 tank

4x4 chassis

</div>
</blockquote>

What were the reasons Syracuse decided to start buying engine companies with the telescoping booms? What are the main reasons they continue to stay relevant in the department today?