Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Command Centers
Quote:Here's a rather unique one I shot yesterday

Wow I love the Ford Medium Duty's they ride great and have a great power train/ drive train package.  But I have to ask why in the hell did they buy this thing?

I get all the extra doors on the crazy super stretch novelty limo, but it's useless in almost any other application.

Must be a blast to drive well except for worrying about ripping off that low hanging compartment.  I sure hope the answer was the chassis was donated or 75% off.

Kris
Quote:Port of Virginia "Tidewater Region"

Great looking rig. I saw this parked at Virginia Beach Station 4 last week. Didn't have time to stop though.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote: 

Wow I love the Ford Medium Duty's they ride great and have a great power train/ drive train package.  But I have to ask why in the hell did they buy this thing?

I get all the extra doors on the crazy super stretch novelty limo, but it's useless in almost any other application.

Must be a blast to drive well except for worrying about ripping off that low hanging compartment.  I sure hope the answer was the chassis was donated or 75% off.

Kris
The Chassis is 1 of 6 ever built (without the command body). They were built for a unknown military unit that used them in the desert. The they pretty much loaded with 3-4 guys and a weeks worth of food & gear into them for their missions. Once they were no longer needed they went to surplus and the Current Deputy Chief of Police at Ft Meade got his hands on one....
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:The Chassis is 1 of 6 ever built (without the command body). They were built for a unknown military unit that used them in the desert. The they pretty much loaded with 3-4 guys and a weeks worth of food & gear into them for their missions. Once they were no longer needed they went to surplus and the Current Deputy Chief of Police at Ft Meade got his hands on one....

Thanks for the info, I'm sure then that no money was wasted on a custom build chassis.  IN all probability it was pretty smart with the way most material swaps inter

service happen.  I would assume it allowed them to get a new apparatus that they may not have been able to get otherwise.  Still it must be a beast to drive, and a

real head turner, when out on the road.

Kris
You could almost take the whole platoon out for a coffee run.

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
[Image: 217_zpskftkr4ia.jpg]

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Dept Field Comm Unit.
Quote: 

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Dept Field Comm Unit.
Interesting color scheme.  Almost looks retro NYPD.  

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
MO State Police Mobile BAT units.  2016 FL M2 First two of three. Built by Custom Works

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 024_zps5ltoynhj.jpg]

Foothills Special Enforcement Team (FSET) Command post. This is a regional swat team comprised of officers from several San Gabriel ValleyLaw enforcement agencies.
Syracuse Fire Department's HazMat 1 / Mobile Command Center - 2012 Sutphen/SVI.

[Image: HazMat%201_zpsm1fgy4rk.jpg]

This is the unit it replaced, a 1989 Grumman/Saulsbury now used as a Mass Casualty Unit and secondary command post ;

[Image: EMR%20Unit_zpsn9olweec.jpg]

Baltimore's New Mobile Command Unit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com
The other side of BPD New Rig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check out Md. Fire Apparatus @ MarylandFiretrucks.smugmug.com