Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-Guys Fire Apparatus

While at the 4-Guys plant a week ago, I shot a few rigs. This is the chassis for new Engine No. 3 in the City of New Kensington. Fabrication started last week. The chassis is a Spartan Gladiator MFD.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department

Sitting in the lot is a 2,500 gallon tanker on an International chassis for Starlite N.Y.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This heavy rescue for Level Fire Department in Harford County Maryland. It is on a Spartan Gladiator Evolution tandem chassis. Rescue tools are in the rear compartments on both sides and the front bumper has the winch and a combi tool. A very well laid out rescue truck.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This Spartan Gladiator chassis has a R/K 77' aerial. This is going to be a straight truck going to a fire department in New York.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This 1991 Mack MR was built by R.D. Murray for Baldwin, N.Y. It was refurbished in 2003 by R.D. Murray. It is waiting another refurbishment that will include a new body and tank, and the removal of the top mount pump panel for a side mount. Last year, 4-Guys built 2 engines for Baldwin. One is a top mount that replaced this engine, the other is a side mount. This Mack will be a reserve and carry additional hand ladders.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' date='12 September 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1284294663' post='402281']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=65371]

This 1991 Mack MR was built by R.D. Murray for Baldwin, N.Y. It was refurbished in 2003 by R.D. Murray. It is waiting another refurbishment that will include a new body and tank, and the removal of the top mount pump panel for a side mount. Last year, 4-Guys built 2 engines for Baldwin. One is a top mount that replaced this engine, the other is a side mount. This Mack will be a reserve and carry additional hand ladders.

[/quote]

Ed, Thanks for posting the 4-guys trucks. They build some of the nicest trucks in the industry. My dad does all the warranty work for 4-guys here in east TN. through his company Anderson Fire LLC. There are alot of dept's here that are getting trucks from 4 guys and more on the way. You can't gp wrong with stainless steel.
[quote name='AndyFire72' date='12 September 2010 - 09:09 AM' timestamp='1284295786' post='402283']

Ed, Thanks for posting the 4-guys trucks. They build some of the nicest trucks in the industry. My dad does all the warranty work for 4-guys here in east TN. through his company Anderson Fire LLC. There are alot of dept's here that are getting trucks from 4 guys and more on the way. You can't gp wrong with stainless steel.

[/quote]

I have to agree with you. They built an air truck and also an engine housed at our No.1 station. Very good craftsmanship. Also, easy to work with.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

The air truck outside of Station No. 5. Built in 1989 by 4-Guys. 6 bottle cascade with a 2 bottle fill station. Also, a 25 foot 6,000 watt light tower.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Engine No. 1 of the City of New Kensington, built in 1990 by 4-Guys. In 2006, Engine 1 was taken back to 4-Guys for the installation of a hydraulic ladder rack, addition of a 3" rear discharge, addition of a large diameter discharge, and a revamp of the front bumper discharge, and trashline bin.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

In this picture, New Kensington Engine No. 5 in station. This is a 1986 FMC. After the new Station 5 was completed in 1991, Engine 5 was sent to 4-Guys to have the front bumper extended and a trashline discharge added. Also, added were automatic chains, and the underbody compartments on both sides.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Engine 3 is a 1970 Mack CF. One of only 13 open cab CF's that Mack built from 1967-1974. In fact this was the ninth open cab built. In 1991, Engine 3 underwent a refurb by New Lexington. It was New Lexington's first refurb. Station 3 built in 1911 and had limited space was replaced in 1994 due to structure problems. This enabled Engine 3 to have it's front bumper extended. At that time, Engine 3 was sent to 4-Guys to have the front bumper extended and discharge added. Also, automatic chains, and another 2.5" rear discharge added.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This was Engine No. 1 of the Lower Burrell No. 3 Volunteer Fire Co. It was a 1970. In 1988 it was sent to 4-Guys for a complete new stainless steel fire body, tank, discharges and 4 door cab enclosure. It served front line in the City of Lower Burrell from 1970 - September 11, 2001.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Open Cab Mack, What will happen to the old engine 3? That is a beautiful piece.

In the fall of 2001, The City of New Kensington purchased the Lower Burrell CF and it was placed in service at Engine 2. It served as Engine 2 from 2001 - until September 11, 2008. It currently is owned by Tim Nissley from Londonderry Twp.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This Mack CF was originally purchased by the Saxonburg Fire Dept. in Butler Co. PA. In the mid 80's, it was sent to 4-Guys for a refurb that included a whole new fire body and tank. It was sold to Monarch in Fayette Co.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

This Mack MC was purchased new by Lower Burrell No. 3 in 1982. In 1998, it was sent to 4-Guys for new warning lights, a scotchlite stripe, and a white over red paint scheme to match the 1988 refurb of the CF. In 2007, it was replaced by a Pierce Contender and was sold to Cabrera, Dominican Republic.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='sean601' date='12 September 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1284301291' post='402293']

Open Cab Mack, What will happen to the old engine 3? That is a beautiful piece.

[/quote]

It will be retained as an antique to take to parades and musters.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Ed,

Were they any other new PA rigs in the works that you could advise of?
[quote name='Shoop' date='12 September 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1284310038' post='402320']

Ed,

Were they any other new PA rigs in the works that you could advise of?

[/quote]

Yes. A couple in the fabrication shop and a couple in the finishing shop. There was a rescue/pumper for Unionville in the finishing shop. Also, a Pierce there for some minor refurb work. I will be going back down in a couple weeks again. It was too hard to take pics in the shop. There were 13 chassis in the lot including ours to go into production.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' date='12 September 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1284292298' post='402278']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=65368]

Sitting in the lot is a 2,500 gallon tanker on an International chassis for Starlite N.Y.

[/quote]

That tanker might be going to StarLAKE located in the Adrondacks in northern N.Y. The truck is painted the same baby blue that their other trucks are