Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West County EMS & Fire MVA w/ Entrapment
The afternoon of July 11, 2009 at 1335 hrs West County EMS & Fire District was dispatched to a MVA accident with rescue. St Louis County Police Communications recieved numerous reports on the accident on Weidman Rd @ Justerini Dr. Callers stated several vehicles involved with roll-over and entrapment. First unit on scene advised similar, 2 vehicles involved, one roll-over and rescue. A second ambulance was also request upon arrival. At least two patients transported, one very serious. Extrication was needed for the driver of the silver minivan. I was about 7 minutes away at the time of dispatch.

West County EMS & Fire

Battaion 3502

Pumper Rescue 3514

Quint 3525

Medic 3517

Medic 3527

St Louis County Police Cars 1701, 1702

Overall scene shot.

Extrication of the driver of the silver minivan, transported in serious condition.

Rolled over F250, no extrication needed.

Quint 3525

Battalion 3502, St Louis County Police

My closing shots...thanks

Nice catch phil! Looked bad, hope everyone will recover.
[quote name='Ben' post='320519' date='Jul 11 2009, 14:19 ']Nice catch phil! Looked bad, hope everyone will recover.[/quote]

Thanks, Im try to figure out how it happened. Im looking at my pictures and the intersection. Trying to piece it together, I dont understand how the vehicles ened up in their positions with that type of damage. They both have front drivers side damage.
Nice shots and thanks for sharing. I usally do not care for blue/red but these are sharp.
nice shots
D.J. Hornacek

Nikon D40 DSLR with a Nikon 70-300MM Lens and a Nikon SB 600 External Flash

Check out my website: http://davids-firetruckphotos.smugmug.com
[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' post='320514' date='Jul 11 2009, 12:15 ']Rolled over F250, no extrication needed.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=53423]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=53424][/quote]

Boy, the blue over red is really nice - so much better than that ugly black over red that seems to be all the rage lately.

Are there any posed photos of them?

Good coverage of the scene. Any problems getting access past the cops lately?
[quote name='Dick H' post='321060' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:10 ']Boy, the blue over red is really nice - so much better than that ugly black over red that seems to be all the rage lately.

Are there any posed photos of them?

Good coverage of the scene. Any problems getting access past the cops lately?[/quote]

Ill grab some posed shots off my computer here in a minute.

I did not have any problems with the police, I knew both officers on scene. A bystander was arrested for interferring. But for me, no problems. The firemen asked me to send the photos in for possible use on the West County website.
West County EMS FIRE

Quint 3525

2003 American LaFrance 100'

*Time of photo assigned as 3535

Sorry, I didnt realize I dont have any other posed shots of the department. I thought I did. I do have a few from a funeral of one of the members. West County EMS Fire is one of the wealthiest departments in St Louis Metro. They run from 3 houses. Their fleet consists of 3 American LaFrance Eagles (1 which is reserve), 1 ALF Quint, 4 Freightliner/ALF Medics (1 which is reserve). The department is currently in the process of purchasing new apparatus. There has been talk they want to go all Quint. We will have to wait and see once the orders are complete and delivered.

Then here is another angle of the engine. All 3 engines are identical. They are designated as 3514, 3534, 3594 (Reserve)

Nice shots!
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' post='321067' date='Jul 13 2009, 08:33 '][/quote]

Thanks Phil, those are nice. It's funny how different the color is from a different angle. The most attractive to me is in post#3. The blue seems much darker in the other shots.
Quote:hanks Phil, those are nice. It's funny how different the color is from a different angle. The most attractive to me is in post#3. The blue seems much darker in the other shots.

I agree, the color does depend on the angle. When its in the sun its very nice and looks good. Then at night it almost appears black, but it does look best out in the sun
Nice pic