Attached Files Image(s)

GREEN HAVEN VFD AACO CO. 14

E-142

1952 FORD/AMERICAN 500/500

1952 BOB JANSEN PHOTO AT OCEAN CITY MD.

Attached Files Image(s)

Waldorf vfd Charles County Co3

E-31 1970 Thibault

.zip   E_311970Thibault_2_.zip (Size: 96.48 KB / Downloads: 71)
[quote name='DESOTO' post='281128' date='Feb 11 2009, 20:46 ']Warren,

Powhatan Beach got the 1935 Dodge (500 GPM) from Brooklyn Community VFD (AACO CO. 31). The story I got is that Brooklyn got it from BROOKLANDWOOD DAIRY EMERSON FARMS BROOKLANDVILLE BALT. CO in the early 50's.[/quote]

I list the Brooklandwood unit as "oufitted by" F L Anderson. Perhaps Anderson supplied the pump and equipment but did not install them or just installed the pump.
Truck 313 in Owings Mills once operated this great looking 1957 Ward LaFrance with 85' Maxim ladder. Joel Woods photo

Truck 313 in Owings Mills later operated this also great looking 1974 Imperial with an early LTI 100' ladder. Rebuilt by 3-D in 1986. Virginia McLaughlin photo

The Singerly Fire Co in Elkton had or still has this classic 1962 Pirsch with 85' Snorkel. Virginia McLaughlin photo

Juergen,

The classic WLF/Maxim ladder you posted was sold to the Grasonville Fire Dept. in Queen Anne's County. They ran it in those colors for a while before being painted black/white.
The Goodwill Fire Co. in Centreville had this 1964 Ford C-1000 with ALF 70' Aero-Chief. Joel Woods photo

The Goodwill Fire Co in Centreville also had this 1984 Ford C-8000 with Pirsch bodywork, 1000 gpm/ 250 water and 75' Pirsch midmount ladder. Virginia McLaughlin photo

The Boonsboro FD had this 1970 Mack CF/Maxim 100' ladder. Originally with an open cab and in service in Riverdale. Joel Woods photo

The FD from the Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship in Piney Point had this 1969 Hahn 1000 gpm-pumper. Joel Woods photo

Originally owner ???

Finally, the Hurlock FD had this 1972 Seagrave with 75' Snorkel. Joel Woods photo

keiferfire,

Ask and you shall receive:

The FD from the Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship in Piney Point had this 1969 Hahn 1000 gpm-pumper. Joel Woods photo

Originally owner ???

1969 Hahn 78, Cincinnati canopy cab, 1000/500, model C-10, delivered 11/12/69, 5-speed manual transmission, 6V71 Detroit diesel, may have been installed in 1993. Originally purchased by the Minquadale Fire Company (New Castle County, DE). It was purchased used in 1993 by the Aston-Beechwood Fire Company (Delaware County, PA). It was sold to Bladensburg VFD (Prince Georges County, MD) because they wanted a pumper to donate to the Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship (St. Mary’s County, MD) in exchange they would get back their 1955 Oren which they had sold to the school many years before so they could restore it.

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='BA000049' post='281299' date='Feb 12 2009, 13:23 ']keiferfire,

Ask and you shall receive:

Originally owner ???

1969 Hahn 78, Cincinnati canopy cab, 1000/500, model C-10, delivered 11/12/69, 5-speed manual transmission, 6V71 Detroit diesel, may have been installed in 1993. Originally purchased by the Minquadale Fire Company (New Castle County, DE). It was purchased used in 1993 by the Aston-Beechwood Fire Company (Delaware County, PA). It was sold to Bladensburg VFD (Prince Georges County, MD) because they wanted a pumper to donate to the Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship (St. Mary’s County, MD) in exchange they would get back their 1955 Oren which they had sold to the school many years before so they could restore it.

Bruce[/quote]

Did Minquadale FC have more than 1 hahn? I found a pic which is said to be X-Minquadale. Credit to the photographer

Attached Files Image(s)

ORCHARD BEACH VFD

1933 INTERNATIONAL 500GPM

ANYONE HAVE MORE INFO ON THIS ONE? IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW THE BUILDER.

1951 BOB JANSEN PHOTO

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='kieferfire' post='281235' date='Feb 12 2009, 10:58 ']Truck 313 in Owings Mills once operated this great looking 1957 Ward LaFrance with 85' Maxim ladder. Joel Woods photo

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=43650][/quote]

A question for you MD guys.

I've got a delivery photo of a 1957 Maxim semi cab 65' ladder truck lettered for Owings Mills, MD.Tr-313. I have never seen a photo of the truck in service. What happened to this rig? Did they cancel this order in favor of the WLF? Or, did they operate two ladders? Just wondering.

I'll scan the delivery pic when I get home.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Firefighter - Plattsburgh International Airport, Plattsburgh, NY &

Morrisonville VFD, Morrisonville, NY

Retired USAFR Firefighter, Westover ARB, MA

Owner - 1962 Maxim F 85' ladder truck, ex. Callicoon & Albertson, NY

Remember: "Everyone Goes Home"
[quote name='kieferfire' post='281244' date='Feb 12 2009, 11:13 ']Finally, the Hurlock FD had this 1972 Seagrave with 75' Snorkel. Joel Woods photo

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=43657][/quote]

I can't be 100% sure, but I believe this rig is now owned by an electrical contractor near Clearwater Florida. I dropped my daughter off at school one morning and saw this rig driving by and thought "holy smokes, look at that". Unfortunately I did not have my camera, but I did speak with the driver. He new mechanical specifics on the rig but did not know it's history. If this is not the same rig, I'm sure someone may have more history. If it is the same rig, now you guys know were it is.

Joe

Tampa Fire Rescue

Truck 1"C"
Mike MFD26- Owings Mills had the '57 Maxim ladder first, new. It was replaced in 1974 with the Imperial. When the Imperial ladder was rehabbed years later, Owings Mills bought the used Ward and placed it in service as their reserve truck, rather than go without a ladder truck during the time the Imperial was out for rehab (At that time, Baltimore County did not have many reserve ladder trucks, and there was only a handful of volunteer companies with ladder trucks, so the county policy was not to loan a reserve ladder to a volunteer company). Later Owings Mills also bought a used open cab Seagrave K series pumper and ran it as a "ladder support unit" while awaiting a new ladder truck. This is now owned by a local collector.