Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philadelphia, PA
From what I hear Philly just terminated the contract for the 3 tillers they had on order with ALF do to numerous delays; the order was placed was a year ago. The other bidders where Spartan and KME.

Quote:From what I hear Philly just terminated the contract for the 3 tillers they had on order with ALF do to numerous delays; the order was placed was a year ago. The other bidders where Spartan and KME.
Not true. My source told me ALF was put on notice by the city law department that the contract may be voided if there are any further delays. This was at the end of last week.  
Quote:Not true. My source told me ALF was put on notice by the city law department that the contract may be voided if there are any further delays. This was at the end of last week.  

I was up at Crimson (now Spartan ERV) in Ephrata PA several months ago and noticed a stack of steel across the parking lot in front of one of the ALF/LTI buildings.  I was told the steel was for the build of 3 TDA's for Philly.  Went back up there again a few weeks ago but didn't notice if the steel was still laying out there or not.  There never seems to be much going on over there except for some work at the service center.
Quote:I was up at Crimson (now Spartan ERV) in Ephrata PA several months ago and noticed a stack of steel across the parking lot in front of one of the ALF/LTI buildings.  I was told the steel was for the build of 3 TDA's for Philly.  Went back up there again a few weeks ago but didn't notice if the steel was still laying out there or not.  There never seems to be much going on over there except for some work at the service center.
From what I was told, ALF was having trouble getting the motors, because of their bankruptcy issues. This caused them to miss several milestones outlined in the contract which is why the city put them on notice. The motors have been acquired and work on the trucks has begun. If there are any further delays, the contract can be canceled.  
Engine 73's 1996 KME has been reassigned to the spare pool as Engine 238

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philadelphi...otostream/

What is 73's using

They are now assigned a 2003 ALF PP#035371 (EX-Engine 12, EX-Engine 45). I don't have any pictures of it yet or else I would post them. 
PFD switches apparatus around like it's nothing, I pitty anyone who tries to keep history of the trucks.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
How is that these older Seagrave Model TDA are still in service with a city like Philly?I assume they are run as reserves and  how well maintained have the aerials been kept?

Trey White
Quote:How is that these older Seagrave Model TDA are still in service with a city like Philly?I assume they are run as reserves and  how well maintained have the aerials been kept?
All of the 1990 Seagrave tillers are either spares or reserves. The aerials are all certified for use otherwise they wouldn't be out on the street.
Quote:All of the 1990 Seagrave tillers are either spares or reserves. The aerials are all certified for use otherwise they wouldn't be out on the street.
Thanks for the info........Those Seagraves look great
Trey White
Squad 47

2004 American LaFrance

Squrt 243

1998 American LaFrance 54'

Former Squrt 55, Squrt 8

Currently serving as Squrt 43

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 8

2008 Ford Expedition

The red "wrap" was taken off and the rig was painted red

FM15

2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty

TS3

(FM21 also has one of these F-250s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 19

2007 American LaFrance/LTI 100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder Tower 6

2008 KME 100' Aerialcat 

Former Ladder Tower 5

Attached Files Image(s)

Some photos from a dwelling fire yesterday morning

Tactical Box 4377 Aramingo Ave and Cambria St 

Ladder 10

1998 American LaFrance/LTI 100'

FM 15

Pipeline 28

2007 American LaFrance

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more...

Engine 25

2009 KME

Ladder 16

2003 American LaFrance/LTI 100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine 211 (Spare)

1995 KME 

Former Pipeline 50

Serving as Engine 43

Attached Files Image(s)

RS units. I believe these are Reserve Staff Cars...

RS 1

1996 Jeep Cherokee

RS 2

1999 Ford Taurus

RS 3

2002 Dodge Caravan

Attached Files Image(s)

And the last two...

RS 4

1997 Ford Explorer

RS 5

1999 Ford Explorer