Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montgomery County MD
(06-10-2019, 06:44 PM)chief60 Wrote: Any idea when new aerials will be purchased?
Sorry, no sir I have not heard anything on them.
A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Well Chief60 I did find this tonight on Rockville's Facebook page. Thery are getting a new "Scope".    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Here is all I can find on the Burtonsville RS, they went with E\-One this time.

https://www.patriotfireusa.com/new-order...e-,-MD.htm

(06-10-2019, 06:56 PM)Tillerman1664 Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 06:44 PM)chief60 Wrote: Any idea when new aerials will be purchased?
Sorry, no sir I have not heard anything on them.

No problem, I was just wondering since it looks like they have ordered all the other units they were planning except trucks. How have the Spartan tillers done for you guys?
(06-11-2019, 01:38 AM)Tillerman1664 Wrote: Well Chief60 I did find this tonight on Rockville's Facebook page. Thery are getting a new "Scope".

Only thing that would make it better is if they could have gotten it on a Mack and put it at 23.
So E718 Glenmont Station is up on the Pierce website...

https://www.piercemfg.com/customers/new-...mper-32064

NEW Engine 726 (Bethesda)
2019 Pierce Enforcer 1500/750
Pierce Job # 32064-2
Montgomery County Shop # 1-19--394

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
(07-02-2019, 02:12 PM)TacSupport1 Wrote: NEW Engine 726 (Bethesda)
2019 Pierce Enforcer 1500/750
Pierce Job # 32064-2
Montgomery County Shop # 1-19--394

Hey Tac, where are they sitting?

(06-10-2019, 10:03 AM)Tillerman1664 Wrote: MCFR has a bit of new apparatus coming in the near future.

I'll start with these 4 commercial brush Engines by Rosenbauer.  14441-44-montgomery-county-fire-rescue-services

They are replacing the old Internationals at 13, 14, 17 and one will go to 22. The old units will be disposed of because of age.
 I was sent this picture of this Rosenbauer engine striped and lettered. Sorry for the small picture, I want to say it cam from a site such as facebook or something.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those new engines look a lot bigger than the old Internationals. 26 was where my dad was last stationed when he worked for Bethesda from 67-88.
Found this on the world wide web last night.

Rockville Volunteer Fire Department New 2019 Seagrave Aerialscope Tower 703

Well it appears the county finally paid the bill for at least 2 of the 4 off road bravo engines. Station 22 Kings View has had theirs for awhile. Damascus 13, and Laytonsville district 17 now have theirs. I have not found a picture of Upper Montgomery's 14 yet.

It's also been confirmed that the aerial committee has met and they're in the planning phase of 5 new TDAs for the County. Off the top of my head, I would say 6, 34, and possibly 10, 25, and 31, maybe 16 (even thought that's corporation owned). I'll update when I get some more information.

The TDA that served as Truck 725 and retired to the reserve fleet, and was wrecked in a snow storm by the vender. it has been finished and is going th the training academy.

Image(s)