Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garden State Oldies

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='321828' date='Jul 16 2009, 16:13 ']Mastori's Diner used to have the BEST cheese and cinnamon bread!!! Been a LONG TIME since i've been there![/quote]

They still do! That's the main reason we always stop there on our way home from SFGAdv!...lol
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Scott aka Mr Tascman, how many trucks (engines, ladders, rescues, tankers) did Trautwein And Sons Company build over the years? We had two in Butler. Both were on 1956 GMC cab and chassis. One was a hose wagon with booster pump and tank for Pequannock Engine & Hose Company. The other was a city service ladder truck with booster pump for Kiel Hook & Ladder Company (that's pronounced like the city in Germany "keel"). I do have one pic showing the ladder truck after it went to Chesilhurst in south Jersey in 1970. I also had a shot taken at the Boonton parade about 50 years ago thanks to a Firepxer but it seems to have disappeared. As for the hose wagon, no pics. Both were bought on an emergency basis in the mid 1950's when the late 1920's ALF's were literaly falling apart, with the members not too happy about getting GMC's, especially since both were horribly underpowereed for all of our steep hills.

Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richard_L_Dean_07405's post:
  • Juliet Lima
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' post='321889' date='Jul 16 2009, 21:05 ']Scott aka Mr Tascman, how many trucks (engines, ladders, rescues, tankers) did Trautwein And Sons Company build over the years? We had two in Butler. Both were on 1956 GMC cab and chassis. One was a hose wagon with booster pump and tank for Pequannock Engine & Hose Company. The other was a city service ladder truck with booster pump for Kiel Hook & Ladder Company (that's pronounced like the city in Germany "keel"). I do have one pic showing the ladder truck after it went to Chesilhurst in south Jersey in 1970. I also had a shot taken at the Boonton parade about 50 years ago thanks to a Firepxer but it seems to have disappeared. As for the hose wagon, no pics. Both were bought on an emergency basis in the mid 1950's when the late 1920's ALF's were literaly falling apart, with the members not too happy about getting GMC's, especially since both were horribly underpowereed for all of our steep hills.[/quote]

It's my understanding that the Chesilhurst Fire Company has been disbanded.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06

[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Juliet Lima