Memphis, Tn
Engine 42

Attached Files Image(s)

Shelby County Fire Department

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
MMMMMMMM....Krystal!!! Yum!

Scott
This may have been covered before, but is there a difference in staffing/duties between Rescue 1 and Rescues 2/3 at a working fire? Are they equipped the same (other than the snorkel)? I'm interested in learning more about Memphis Fire...great pics
They all provide the same duties on a working fire, Manpower, RIT, basically just whatever the Chief needs at the time.

Rescue 2 or Rescue 3 maybe special call as a additional Rescue for their snorkel to be used as well. Such as in a small alley or so.

All Memphis Rescue's are capable of HazMat, High-Angle, Trench, Confined Space, Heavy Lifting, Extrication, Water Rescue.

If ive mentioned anything wrong, one of you Rescue boys correct me.

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
Eng 18

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
E21's 1976 ALF on the plug where the old Royal Oaks motel used to be on Summer Ave

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
Eng27 working a house fire off of Whitney in 2003

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
Old Truck 23's Ford L8000/Pirsch

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
E34 in 1993

Attached Files Image(s)

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
[quote name='Kevin Lackey' post='12156' date='Jul 20 2006, 13:09 ']They all provide the same duties on a working fire, Manpower, RIT, basically just whatever the Chief needs at the time.

Rescue 2 or Rescue 3 maybe special call as a additional Rescue for their snorkel to be used as well. Such as in a small alley or so.

All Memphis Rescue's are capable of HazMat, High-Angle, Trench, Confined Space, Heavy Lifting, Extrication, Water Rescue.

If ive mentioned anything wrong, one of you Rescue boys correct me.[/quote]

Kevin, thats just about dead on. Each Rescue covers their 3rd of the city. Currently they are dispatched on the initial alarm for any fire which recieves multiple calls. If multiple calls are not received, a rescue is started if a first arriving company reports working fire conditions.

Additionally, an extra rescue is dispatched on a all multiple alarm fires, but not more than 2 at any single incident. The fire pictured was a hi-rise fire on Union Ave (I think). Rescue 2 made it on the 1st alarm, rescue 3 on the 2nd.

Confined Space rescues will get all 3 because of the number of CS technicians needed on the scene to be OSHA complaint.

Thats about it. Any rescue can be special called by any incident commander at any time on any scene. Rescue's 3 and 1 recently worked for nearly 1 1/2 hours extricating two police officers after they wrapped their car around a tree at high speed.
Kramer, something we both failed to mention about the Rescue's and once again correct me if im wrong.

On certain calls such as Water Rescue, High Angle, Heavy Lifting, Confined Space, Major Extrication, or special situations. Any of the SORT Engines (E25 E27 E36) along with a SORT Unit (U24 U22 U17) will be sent as well. The location of the call determines which SORT Eng and Unit responds, also a SORT Chief will repond as well.

The SORT house for SE portion of Memphis and close vicinities houses Engine 25 Rescue 1 and Unit 24

The SORT house for SW portion of Memphis and close vicinities houses Engine 36 Rescue 2 and Unit 17

The SORT House for the N portion of Memphis and close vicinities houses Engine 27 Rescue 3 and Unit 22

Fire Alarm Office

Memphis, Tn
I found this rig Memphis T-16 in the Sunbelt Fire Apparatus repair yard this spring.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

T-16's Buccket ? By the way, Sunbelt Fire Apparatus is located in Fairhope AL (across the bay from Mobile AL) and is the E\-One dealer for the Southeast US Except FL.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Partial shot of Snorkel 1's 1969 Pirsch 85ft Snorkel at the 1969 Fire Prevention Parade.

In the officer's seat would be the imfamous Richard "Dick" Adelman

The little squirt standing up in the officer side jump seat would be my father at the age of 15

Driving should be my Grandfather

That's quite a crew there Kevin! Nice photos - I love seeing the old stuff!
[quote name='firebuff55407' post='280' date='Jun 29 2006, 18:15 ']I found the photo that I took of Memphis Engine 19's 1957 Maxim 1000/500, shop # F33, that was taken in the spring of 1973.[/quote]

Is there any way I could get a really nice copy of that pumper. My dad was assigened to 19's for 10 years from 1970 to 1980 i believe. I should know every inch of that thing. I was all over it like a squirrel on a tree. That is a real pumper.

By the way does everone notice the green running boards and tail boards. I talked with Chief Arwood about bringning those back just a shot of Rhino liner.

BEAS
[quote name='ltrescue1mfd' post='16781' date='Jul 29 2006, 21:37 ']Is there any way I could get a really nice copy of that pumper. My dad was assigened to 19's for 10 years from 1970 to 1980 i believe. I should know every inch of that thing. I was all over it like a squirrel on a tree. That is a real pumper.

By the way does everone notice the green running boards and tail boards. I talked with Chief Arwood about bringning those back just a shot of Rhino liner.

BEAS[/quote]

Let me take that back. I looked very closely and 19's didn't have that pretty chrome deck gun on top it was just a regalar deck gun. I believe the pumper in that pic is 29's. So disreguard the request for the pic but it is still a really nice piece. NO ONE makes them like that anymore!!!
Im curious on what happened to T16 and how the training center got the fly section of an aerial as a decoration
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?