More

Attached Files Image(s)

More

Attached Files Image(s)

More

Attached Files Image(s)

More

Attached Files Image(s)

Since the technology is now on this, is a 100+ footer in the works?
Quote:Since the technology is now on this, is a 100+ footer in the works?
I can tell you that there will be more products become available over the course of the next three years if sales are positive. A 100'+ is already in the works. 
Nice looking truck but a bit late to the party 

Quote:Nice looking truck but a bit late to the party 

Nah, while I can see why it'd be easy to think that, I've heard several people from local agencies express interest lately, one of them being a member on this board, they've already had the demo come to their department, and want to look further in to it.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I'm sure Jason has better pics, but this is a quick one I grabbed with the phone.  Nice truck.  Ladder is very sturdy and has a lot of width.  Cab is very quiet.

Attached Files Image(s)

Is it just the photographs, or does the ladder have a pretty good overhang over the cab?

Side view

Attached Files Image(s)

Not seeing any kind of tread on the ladder rungs . Looks slippery
Quote:Not seeing any kind of tread on the ladder rungs . Looks slippery

Yep none

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like slots in the rungs...kinda like wht you would see on an extension ladder at home....but still something better could have been added....maybe cuz its a demo they didnt bother.   or     New Guy! lol

I can say that I was able to climb around one of Sutphens 75' mid-mount straight sticks.  After extending it 75' at about a 35% angle I would NEVER purchase one.  Unless they've improved something the ladder was too flimsy for my liking.  I also didn't care for the fact that the demo I was around didn't have any kind of extra traction stuff applied to the rungs of the aerial.  I think Sutphen has something with their standard box style construction with their Platform aerials but I don't think their straight sticks are anything to write home about.  I'll be curious to see how well these are received in the fire service.

Quote:More

Quote:More
I'm just geeking out because I noticed the Danfoss controller/display on the pedestal.  They're made just a few miles from here, or least some of their stuff is.  Not really sure why I care.

After seeing several pictures while its a nice looking truck I can only seeing it being popular with die hard Sutphen customers. It doesn't bring anything to the table that the other companies already have been offering for years and have done several improvements on and by the looks of it in some instances less than their competition. Not seeing this or their up coming 100ft rear mount making much of a dent in the market. 

This could be a feed back thing for them...to see where they can improve,upgrade,or redesign. This could all be a feel for the market....expensive but gotta start some where.