Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compartment question on Pierce ladders?
Anyone know what fits in the small compartment behind the cab?

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like maybe 6' hooks could fit in there instead of mounting to the rear of the cab.
We have a backboard on one side and a couple of six foot hooks on the other. 

we have our bad boards, KED, splints and Tractions splints on the Officer side, hand tools on the engineer side
really skinny firefighters.....

As I recall, ours has backboards and splint sets on the driver's side, along with a "lockout" kit.  On the officer's side, there are a couple pairs of rescue struts.

Hahaha. I see about an extra 18" of wheelbase!

I'm with everybody else most folks are putting either EMS gear or maybe tools based off the ridding assignment's.
Are you referring to the large compartment built in to the cab, or the upright compartment made out of diamond plate?

EDIT: I just reread your question, nevermind

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Are you referring to the large compartment built in to the cab, or the upright compartment made out of diamond plate?

EDIT: I just reread your question, nevermind

Trav!
yep was referring to the little diamond plate one......its not very wide but the hooks or backboard sound like a good idea.....
I'll try to find out.  I live in Rockford and will ask one of our guys that was hired on Rockford full time or just break down and ask their chief when I see him next.

FWIW - Rockford has another quint on order coming soon to replace Ladder 2 (dry truck) with a Quint.  I'll be curious if it looks like Quint 1 (which I think needed to be "lower" to fit in their station) or if it will look like the two demo based units they bought.  The other two quints that were bought in the last couple of years were Pierce demos with a different configuration altogether.  Ladder 1 was a tiller which got replaced by the rig pictured.

Notice the two demos they bought have this small diamond plate box behind the cabs as well.

http://chicagoareafire.com/blog/tag/rock...ce-quints/

Anyone see the only difference I've been able to find between Quint 5 and 9?

Quote:I'll try to find out.  I live in Rockford and will ask one of our guys that was hired on Rockford full time or just break down and ask their chief when I see him next.

FWIW - Rockford has another quint on order coming soon to replace Ladder 2 (dry truck) with a Quint.  I'll be curious if it looks like Quint 1 (which I think needed to be "lower" to fit in their station or if it will look like the two demo based units they bought.  The other two quints that were bought in the last couple of years were Pierce demos with a different configuration altogether.  Ladder 1 was a tiller which got replaced by the rig pictured.

Notice the two demos they bought have this small diamond plate box behind the cabs as well.

http://chicagoareafire.com/blog/tag/rock...ce-quints/

Anyone see the only difference I've been able to find between Quint 5 and 9?
Different mirrors. That's all I can tell from a glance. Nice looking trucks.