Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire-Rescue International, Atlanta, GA
Atlanta held host to this years FRI Expo located at the Georgia World Congress Center. Attached are a few of my photos of the apparatus in attendance.

First up are some of Atlanta Fire's apparatus that visited to expo,

Atlanta Fire Engine and Ladder 16

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Engine 16

1500/500/60F

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Ladder 16

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Truck 38

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Engine 2

1500/500/60F

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Truck 2

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Engine 1

1500/500/60F

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Division 1

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Truck 43 was on display on the Expo floor

2000/390/30F

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Truck 43

2000/390/60F

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta's newest KME on the Expo floor

Unknown if any spec changes

Atlanta Engine 20

Drew James
GA Paramedic
Atlanta Engine 20

Drew James
GA Paramedic
That's a look at what Atlanta had on display and will share the remainder of the Expo pictures later. Thanks! Drew

Drew James
GA Paramedic
The rig that T-16 was using is a reserve.  They have one of the new KME tillers as their assigned piece.

T-43 was actually part of a demonstration that AFD had set up, involving their giant "airbag" for jumpers. 

Did you get any shots of the wrecked Atlanta pumper?

After the difficulties we encountered in getting decent shots back in 2007, I didn't even take my camera with me!  I was rather disappointed with the size of the apparatus display this year.  I'd be surprised if there were 35 apparatus on display, several of whch I had already seen.  It was nice to have a free pass to get in, but hardly worth the twelve bucks for parking.

Quote:The rig that T-16 was using is a reserve.  They have one of the new KME tillers as their assigned piece.

T-43 was actually part of a demonstration that AFD had set up, involving their giant "airbag" for jumpers. 

After the difficulties we encountered in getting decent shots back in 2007, I didn't even take my camera with me!  I was rather disappointed with the size of the apparatus display this year.  I'd be surprised if there were 35 apparatus on display, several of whch I had already seen.  It was nice to have a free pass to get in, but hardly worth the twelve bucks for parking.

Thanks for the information. I did get photos of the wrecked pumper and will post them tomorrow. That sent a clear message for sure.

And I agree on the number of apparatus. Was really wanting to see one of DeKalb's new engines and surprised one wasn't in attendance. I should have the rest of the photos up tomorrow. I had a little better luck moving up towards the gate this year. the backdrop was still rough but didn't have to worry as much about people or other trucks in the background.

BTW, what do you think about Clayton's new scheme? I actually liked it once saw it in person.
Drew James
GA Paramedic
Quote:BTW, what do you think about Clayton's new scheme? I actually liked it once saw it in person.
When I first heard about it, I was unimpressed, but after seeing it in person, I like it.  In fact, I photographed it at the dealer just a couple hours ago.  Check the "This & That" thread later this evening.
Looking at the newer KME tiller ladder trucks for Atlanta, I see a front bumper mounted winch.  Are AFD's ladder trucks set up for vehicle extrications also?

Quote:Looking at the newer KME tiller ladder trucks for Atlanta, I see a front bumper mounted winch.  Are AFD's ladder trucks set up for vehicle extrications also?
I believe they are.
Quote:The rig that T-16 was using is a reserve.  They have one of the new KME tillers as their assigned piece.

These are 5 cell phone shots I got. I couldn't believe the frame rail sticking out the back. Spartan was right across the floor from us, and they were NONE too happy about that truck being there.

Attached Files Image(s)

Last one I have

Attached Files Image(s)