• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unityville, Lycoming County, PA
Tanker 321, 2006 Freightliner M2112/FAST 1250/2500

[Image: Unityville%20Tanker%20323%20signed_zps2isifwyf.jpg]

QRS 326, 2005 Chevrolet Van, private donation

[Image: Unityville%20QRS%20326%20signed_zpsldsiypkx.jpg]

Brush 325, 1970 GMC  X-Huntington Valley, Montgomery County

[Image: Unityville%20Brush%20325%20signed_zpsokkw7wws.jpg]

X-Rescue 322, 1989 Renault/KME 1000/500.  Currently up for sale.

[Image: Unityville%20Mack-KME%20Rescue%20322_zpsslhmhwe6.jpg]

X-Engine 324, 1977 ALF Century 1500/750, X-Wolcott Hose Co #1, CT  Also, currently up for sale.  It is a 5 speed, no one to drive it, and no space in the station with the current fleet.

[Image: Unityville%20ALF%20Century%20Engine%2032...yzinc1.jpg]

Interesting gold wipers

[Image: DSC_1511_zpssqjhzjrl.jpg]

And some red white and blue painted details

[Image: DSC_1512_zps4l33on8j.jpg]
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Now for a couple questions on Unityville.  New Rescue 322, It looks like a Rosenbauer Commander, the only markings on it, are from General.  2000/525.  The chief wasn't even sure what broker they bought it from.  The ONLY markings I could find was General #2259.  If anyone can help fill in the blanks on this rig, would be appreciated.

[Image: Unityville%20Rescue%20322%20signed_zps459vbb2f.jpg]

Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
The second question.  Tanker 321, 1980 Ford 9000  1000/2000, X-NJ, not sure where.  Also, there is a Grumman emblem on the body, but inside the cab is a 1980 Oren certification.  Where did the rig come from, fire company, and was this originally an Oren, with a Grumman refurb?

[Image: Unityville%20Tanker%20321%20signed_zpslpvs7wco.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1513_zpsypnwui1z.jpg]

Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Quote:Now for a couple questions on Unityville.  New Rescue 322, It looks like a Rosenbauer Commander, the only markings on it, are from General.  2000/525.  The chief wasn't even sure what broker they bought it from.  The ONLY markings I could find was General #2259.  If anyone can help fill in the blanks on this rig, would be appreciated.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/truck1882/media/Lycoming%20County/Unityville%20Rescue%20322%20signed_zps459vbb2f.jpg.html">[Image: Unityville%20Rescue%20322%20signed_zps459vbb2f.jpg]</a>
2006 rosenbauer/general safety 2000/500 x-woodbridge,nj
Who actually made this early Rosenbauer cab?  Did Rosenbauer actually build it or did somebody build it for them?  I remember seeing one of these up at the PA Fire Expo in Harrisburg back in those days when Rosenbauer was relatively new in the U.S. fire apparatus business.  I always thought that this was a very ugly looking cab but I don't think the current Rosenbauer Commander or Warrior is much better.  When they unveiled their new Commander cab at the Texas Motor Speedway in Feb 2012 there were numerous negative comments made by many of the attendees on the overall appearance of the new cab design but it doesn't look like they've changed much over the past few years.  Our company may have considered going with Rosenbauer but only if they could still build on a Spartan cab/chassis.

Quote:The second question.  Tanker 321, 1980 Ford 9000  1000/2000, X-NJ, not sure where.  Also, there is a Grumman emblem on the body, but inside the cab is a 1980 Oren certification.  Where did the rig come from, fire company, and was this originally an Oren, with a Grumman refurb?
Grumman entered the fire apparatus business when they purchased Howe in the mid 1970's.  Oren and Coast were part of Howe and part of the package.  Apparatus were still being built in all three factories for a while, but eventually the Oren and Howe nameplates were dropped.  This rig has a Howe production number (15950-V), which was adopted by Grumman for all apparatus.  Earlier Oren rigs had a different set of numbers.  The "V" at the end of the number shows that it was built in the Vinton, VA facility.  To sum it all up, this came from the factory as an Oren-Grumman.
Quote:Who actually made this early Rosenbauer cab?  Did Rosenbauer actually build it or did somebody build it for them?  I remember seeing one of these up at the PA Fire Expo in Harrisburg back in those days when Rosenbauer was relatively new in the U.S. fire apparatus business.  I always thought that this was a very ugly looking cab but I don't think the current Rosenbauer Commander or Warrior is much better.  When they unveiled their new Commander cab at the Texas Motor Speedway in Feb 2012 there were numerous negative comments made by many of the attendees on the overall appearance of the new cab design but it doesn't look like they've changed much over the past few years.  Our company may have considered going with Rosenbauer but only if they could still build on a Spartan cab/chassis.
The early Rosenbauer customs were also called Commander and built on Spartan chassis. As far as I know, these cabs were made from fiberglass.
Quote:The early Rosenbauer customs were also called Commander and built on Spartan chassis. As far as I know, these cabs were made from fiberglass. For me, the actual Rosenbauer Commander is much better looking ( and a huge success also ).
I remember hearing a company called Plastisol made the cab.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:I remember hearing a company called Plastisol made the cab.

Alan Saulsbury, of the Saulsbury Emergency Vehicle legacy handles the U.S. line of Plastisol now.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.