Detroit, MI - Engine 1

2015 Spartan Metrostar/Smeal

1500/500

first of 10 to be delivered in next couple months

Shane MacKichan

Vancouver, B.C.

[url="http://www.vancouverfirepics.com"]Vancouver Fire Pics[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/fyregeek"]My YouTube videos[/url]
Im so used to seeing Pierce...lol  Hope they can keep it on 4 wheels...Ive seen the rescue before.

Excellent photograph!!!! Glad to see DFD in some new machines. Intresting they stayed with the eQ2b siren. Busy and slow Fire Departments in our metro have had great luck with Smeal engines and aerials.

Stay Safe,

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Great to see DFD in new rigs - good luck to them!

[color="#FF0000"]http://flickr.com/photos/srq2009/[/color]
Nice looking truck. Good to see them getting some new rigs. They need it!

Thanks for sharing.

Good photo!

tHANKs

tHANKs
That's great news for Detroit! Those pumpers are going to get a workout.

Great picture thanks.

Dave
Does anyone know what the deletions/changes to the specs that were made by City Admin that the FD claims to "know nothing about?" 
Nobody knows. The City nor Smeal will go into specifics. I know for a fact that they WANTED to stay with Pierce but someone with power did everything possible to make sure that didn't happen. I'm afraid its something we will likely never know.

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
All ten of the Smeals are in service, with the last five going in service on 8/21. 

Assigned to Engines 1, 27, 30, 33, 42, 50, 52, 53, 56, 58. 

Nice. Now they could use ten more and five platforms to start. Really hope these work well for them.
Serious question; that couldn't have left many companies NOT getting a new truck, for no more than they have in service now, could it?
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Those trucks will replace some WELL worn and severely overdue for replacement American LaFrance Metropolitan pumpers. But that's only a little over 1/3 of the engine companies in Detroit. I BELIEVE all the rest of the pumper fleet now are the Pierce Enforcers

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Engine 30 is in an Enforcer delivered from the first round aren't they?

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Engine 30 received Engine 10's Pierce when they were disbanded in July 2012.  Many of the Pierce pumpers have been reassigned, Engine 54 has Engine 49 rig, Engine 50 had Engine 32's rig, Engine 9 has Engine 34 rig, Engine 34 has Engine 47's rig, Engine 55 has Engine 38's rig, Engine 59 has Engine 51's rig.