Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for an Old Friend...Ford/Eone Pumper
Back in 2003 my fire dept sold our 1988 Ford C800/Eone pumper to a fire dept. by the name of FLAT ROCK. I was told they were down south but who knows if any of the guys really knew.    I can't seem to find anything on the old truck or a fire dept that may have that name, that had a truck like that.   Anyone have any ideas?    

Unfortunately, there are several Flat Rocks in the south (I live 2 miles from one of them).  There are two in Alabama, one in Georgia, four in Kentucky, four in North Carolina, two in South Carolina, one in Tennessee, and two in Virginia.

Hopefully some of our brothers can help you out.  I can tell you that it's not in Virginia.  ;-)

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Im thinking Alabama?   One FB page I saw for Tri Com. looks to be close but not sure.

Tri-Community did/does run a pile of used rigs from all over the place, so that could be a possibility.  A lot of Tri-Community (TN) rigs are posted here: http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...ntry516667 but I don't see a Ford C in there.

Taylor Goodman
Yeah I was able to get ahold of a member and they haven't had that kind of truck in there fleet but gave me other routes to follow.  Just sucks...other than the 1 that was lost in our station fire in 83...I have been able to find all our past trucks except that one Sad
Quote:Tri-Community did/does run a pile of used rigs from all over the place, so that could be a possibility.  A lot of Tri-Community (TN) rigs are posted here: http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...ntry516667 but I don't see a Ford C in there.
That's not the Tri-Com he was talking about.  There is a Tri-Com FD in Flat Rock, AL.  I looked through their FB page and didn't see anything resembling a 1988 Ford C/E-One. 

Flat Rock, NC is covered by Blue Ridge Fire & Rescue.  They have a sizeable fleet and mostly E-Ones, but they purchased all of them new.  I'm not familiar with a Flat Rock in GA.  I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.
Awsome thanks
Okay, finding it was easy.  Flat Rock, GA is a small community in Putnam County.  Mailing address is Eatonton, GA.  It is also home to Putnam County Fire Station 2.  PCFD phone is (706) 485-7760.  I also found a couple pics of Station 2 and their rigs.  No 1988 Ford C/E-One, but that doesn't mean they didn't have it.  The current E-2 is an International 4400/E-One. 

I changed my profile pic to the what the truck looked like when we had it(note the dimond plate extended hosebed) If I remember right it would say Flat Rock above the wheel closer to the catwalk.

Thanks for the clarification between the Tri-Com and Tri-Community, Dave.

Taylor Goodman