reserve truck running as truck 45 on this day

Attached Files Image(s)

truck 45 tiller

Attached Files Image(s)

squad 51 old rig

Attached Files Image(s)

squad 51 new rig

Attached Files Image(s)

engine 49 front view i loved that color but it faded really quick.

Attached Files Image(s)

rescue 47

Attached Files Image(s)

I absolutely cannot figure out why that Orange faded so bad, I also loved that color. While I do understand Clearwater's switch out of necessity, I don't understand White over Red; go from a unique color, to something everyone else uses.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
i agree but if you look at pinellas park they have been transitioning out of the white over yellow to just red, i love the unusual colors. the oranges really stood out to me baltimore, clearwater, two of my favorite!!!!!

Quote:I absolutely cannot figure out why that Orange faded so bad, I also loved that color. While I do understand Clearwater's switch out of necessity, I don't understand White over Red; go from a unique color, to something everyone else uses.

Trav!
pure finanaces they are easier to re-sale and you can get more money out of them if its a traditional color.
I remember being out at the Pierce factory in the late 90's and they had a bunch of trucks being built. They were wrapped in plastic so that they didn't get scratched as they were assembled.
The German Red is VERY susceptible to UV paint fade.  Couple that with the initial cost of the color along with resale value, and it was probably likely an easy choice for their leadership.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Fairfax County, VA tested out the German Red on a few rigs.....wasn't well liked but didn't seem to have faded quite as much as the Clearwater rigs.

Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Well i just got back in town yesterday from spending a week in Clearwater. I visited quite a few stations and the last of the orange and white rigs are gone!!!! But i was able to get some photos of the rigs and station 45's new quarters.

Station 45 new quarters

Attached Files Image(s)

a few shots of engine 51

Attached Files Image(s)