Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Alarm House Fire-Harrisburg PA- 5/5/14
A friend of mine who is a Lieut. with Squad 8 in Harrisburg invited me up to photograph their training session in the morning. Squad 8 and Tower 1 were conducting Boat Operations on the Susquehanna River. After photographing the training, I was on my way to photograph an old firehouse that is being restored when Box 1-4 was struck for a kitchen fire in the Allison Hill section of Harrisburg on Bellevue Road. Additional was a reported stove fire. Tower 2 responding from the uptown station struck the 2nd alarm due to a large column visible. Wagon 4 arrived with a well involved duplex with exposure problems and struck the 3rd alarm. Wagon 4 operated for several minutes by themselves as Wagon 3 and Tower 2 were responding from quarters and Tower 1 and Squad 8 had to dock the boats at City Island and respond from there. Wagon 4 led off with a step gun and wagon pipe to knock down a large amount of fire. Companies operated for a few hours.

First photo is on my arrival looking down the alleyway towards side c. Good thing I was only 5 blocks away when it was hit  Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

What I post is my opinion only. Any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. If you like what you see with a photo or have a question, let me know.

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Rohrerstown Fire Company, Station 6-7

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Wagon 4 on Side A

Attached Files Image(s)

What I post is my opinion only. Any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. If you like what you see with a photo or have a question, let me know.

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Wagon 4

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Tower 32(Progress) First arriving mutual aide truck backing down the street

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
A shot I managed to grab before a rather large Harrisburg Police Officer "Strongly" encouraged me to keep moving back to where I was

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Fire on the Bravo Side

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Tower 32 set up to the roof

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Sucessful grab made of the owners K9

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Harrisburg Tower 1 set up on the charlie side..

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files Image(s)

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Quote:Fire on the Bravo Side

Looks like Japan with them bowing to each other. Smile
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Skull on the pipe?

FF - JH Ketcham Hose Co, Dover Plains, NY 36 Truck

FAO - City of Poughkeepsie

FTM - PTB - KTF
Great shots......Nice job getting that truck set up in such a tight spot.
Quote:Skull on the pipe?
I think he may have been on the c side

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Quote:Great shots......Nice job getting that truck set up in such a tight spot.
Gotta love the scopes!

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com
Great work!

Greg Muhr

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/'>http://memoriesbymuhrs.zenfolio.com/</a>
Nice photos Woody!! Glad to see you catch some action in the 'Burg...

Jason Coleman-Cobb

Fire Photographer and Buff

www.capitalcityfirephotos.com
Hey not to distract from the awsome photos but thiers some awsome helmet cam footage that was posted from one of the harrisburg guys that i saw on the Firecritic blog, great up and close action of the knock down in the back yard, and shows impressive deck gun action in the beginning. not very often you see the first in engine go with the deck gun on tank water only before a supply line established.