Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrewjs pictures
Couple of Hazmat support units.  Used primarily for spill control.  One at FS 20 in Leesburg, one at FS 19 in South Riding.

Bus 699 is kept at the Training Academy

Battalion chief buggy

Couple of support units at the Training Academy

Before Ashburn FS 22 (Lansdowne) opened, there was another station 22 in operation.  Xerox had a large facility in Lansdowne and used to operate their own fire brigade.  The brigade has since disbanded when the facility was turned into the Lansdowne Resort.

Two former trucks now operated by the Resort.

Former Brush 22

Final one from Loudoun and last one for tonight is Truck 621 from Mt. Weather.  Mount Weather runs mutual aide into Loudoun County and Clarke County.

That's it for tonight.  For more information on the Loudoun County apparatus, visit my dads (Mike Sanders) Smugmug page: http://mnsand.smugmug.com/  Tons of information and much more photos.

Questions or comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew Sanders

Quote:Final one from Loudoun and last one for tonight is Truck 621 from Mt. Weather.  Mount Weather runs mutual aide into Loudoun County and Clarke County.

[Image: attachicon.gif]355.jpg

You taught me something today.  I'd always considered Mt Weather to be a Clarke County asset, so I didn't know that the truck carried a "6" prefix.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote: 

You taught me something today.  I'd always considered Mt Weather to be a Clarke County asset, so I didn't know that the truck carried a "6" prefix.

Just to clarify Taylor, they are not officially a Loudoun County asset.  For example, when Blue Ridge Mountain's Engine 8 responds to Loudoun, they respond as "Clarke County Engine 8", where Truck 21 responds as "Truck 621".  Mount Weather seems to be somewhere in-between.  Hope that doesn't confuse things too much.
Thanks, makes perfect sense.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Now we have TWO GREAT photographers from the same Family...Doesn't get any better!!
Picking up where we left off with some 'heavy' police equipment.  A lot of unknowns, including agency, so any information is appreciated.

Loudoun Sheriffs Mobile Command Unit

Un-marked Loudoun SWAT van.  Interesting airhorns.

This goofy looking RV is operated by the Sheriffs dept.

An example of the former colors for the Loudoun Sheriffs

Last from the Sheriffs dept. is this Crisis Negotiation unit

As well as this dive/water recovery unit

The Fire Marshal Office is responsible for bomb disposal in Loudoun County.  Couple of nice, un-marked units.  These were part of a multi-jurisdiction, COG order.

Bomb Disposal Unit 660

BDU 600

United States Capitol Haz-Mat units

And 523

Another Capitol police unit

Bunch of unknowns coming up, including this one

More unknowns.  Any help appreciated.

Couple more

Two sharp Pierces