Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OAFC 2014 Annual Conference
The annual Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs convention is being held in Toronto over the next few days.  I found the following apparatus on display outside of the convention center. 

Rosenbauer Raptor

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
Rosenbauer Raptor .... 3/4 rear view

Bob

Rosenbauer Raptor ... Officers side view

This is a nice compact aerial unit.

Bob

E\-One tower ... dealer demo

Bob

E\-One Tower ... dealer demo unit

Bob

2014 Freighliner/Fort Gary Crusader

Bob

Smeal aerial ... demo for the Canadian market

Bob

Smeal ...

Bob

Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services Pumper 101

2014 Spartan/Dependable

Bob

2014 Spartan ERV Tanker for the Kawartha Lakes FD, Lindsay, Ont.

This taker was just delivered from South Dakota hence the protective covering on the front end.

Bob

More tomorrow ... the dreaded inside shots.

Bob

Normally I am not an E\-One fan but I actually like that tower and the new look of the Quest Chassis.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Hall Mark Fire said the Quest tower has been sold to an FD in Texas.
By chance did you get to see the ground ladder compliment on the Raptor?

I was able to confirm today that West Harrison, TX purchased the E\-One tower sight unseen. 

No I did not see the ground ladder compliment on the Raptor.  With no dealer rep around, I'm not one to open doors without permission.

The convention centre had a large apparatus display covering most Canadian and U.S. manufacturers.  The rigs ranged from factory demos to new deliveries to various departments in Ontario and western New York.  That being said, it was near impossible to get any good photographs.

Bob

Quote:By chance did you get to see the ground ladder compliment on the Raptor?
I sold a couple Metz when I sold Rosenbauer.  The ladder complement is comparable to what the average demo quint comes with and meets the minimum, usually a 35, 28 and 14.  You can add additional, and for one customer we added some additional ladders.  A roofer can be mounted on the base section of the aerial, and there are ways to add others.  If not set up as a quint you can add more ladders where the hose bed over the compartments normally is.
West Harrison....wow. ESD money must be good. I'm not real sure they even have a need for it, much less how that will fit around their district
Quote:I sold a couple Metz when I sold Rosenbauer.  The ladder complement is comparable to what the average demo quint comes with and meets the minimum, usually a 35, 28 and 14.  You can add additional, and for one customer we added some additional ladders.  A roofer can be mounted on the base section of the aerial, and there are ways to add others.  If not set up as a quint you can add more ladders where the hose bed over the compartments normally is.

That would never come close to being usable around here.  Most good trucks have 250-300+ feet of ground ladders plus truck co equipment (and no i do not mean heavy rescue equipment, we do not do rescue trucks)
Rosenbauer will tell you that the Raptor isn't the answer to all FD's aerial apparatus needs.  The Raptor is a niche market device, and it would work great in my volunteer house, but would be highly frowned on at work.  Just depends on your staffing, response area, geography, compartmentation needs, etc.

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA