Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2014
Final for tonight is this neat ambulance for the Cherokee Tribal (NC) EMS.  Note the lettering and graphics.

Many, many more to come tomorrow, and corrections and comments are welcomed and encouraged!

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-78-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:The only rig that I had a request to shoot (hi, Kelvin!) was this 2014 Piece Arrow XT for DeKalb County, GA.  Job #27066 features a 1000/500/30 setup.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-124-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-123-L.jpg]
This was an extremely impressive machine!!! An extremely fire ground efficient engine. Glad to see the Real Q2b back on the DeKalb County Fire Service Machines. 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:Junction City, Kansas will also be a Rosenbauer customer with the delivery of this Commander pumper.  Not the cable-style valve control handles, a design that I really like.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-111-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-113-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-114-L.jpg]

JCFD does quite a lot of firefighting and they respond frequently on Interstate 70 from two fire houses. They used to have very standard normal fire ground efficent engines. The last Engine was a similar style design Pierce Arrow XT pumper.  I would hate to be the Chauffeur standing on the rear step running the pump on busy Interstate 70. Truck traffic has increased since Kansas raised the speed limit to 75mph. I do agree Taylor the pump controls are very nice. With this machine they have switched from white over red to black over red. JCFD's historically accurate color is solid red. I guess if there is a positive this is the first machine in over forty years to have a mechanical siren. 

Until the early 2000's all JCFD Engines were called Pumps. Pump 1, Pump 2, Pump 3. In the early 2000's an outside fire chief changed them to Engine 10, Engine 20, Engine 30. Now they have moved to Engine 1, Engine 2, Engine 3. 

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Quote:Also from the Spartan ERV folks is this pumper for Arlington, TX.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-87-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-88-L.jpg]

Arlington Fire Department always has very nice machines. They have remained very consistent over the years with low hose beds and side mounted ladders in a very durable urban finish. I am curious to see what replaces AFD Engine 11 after the accident last week that totaled it. 

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Engine Co. 4
Thanks so much for posting these for those of us who wanted to be, but couldn't be there!

Thank you very much.  Now were there any Canadian entries for us without passports to travel down to see & enjoy.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Great photos from the show! One of the Canadian entries included a Rosenbauer single axle Commander chassis with a Metz Ladder for Guelph, Ontario. A rather interesting setup.

GREAT shots! I know how difficult and frustrating shooting at a trade show can be. You have a lot more patience then I!
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Alright, let's see where we left off...

A lot of people asked me what I saw that I really liked at the show.  This unusual pumper from Spencer, with it's top-rear-mount pump and split hosebed certainly threw traditional design out of the window.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-14-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-15-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-16-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-17-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-19-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-18-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-21-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-22-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
US Tanker (or UST as you may know it) had two rigs on display, including this orange pumper for Minocqua, WI.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-30-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
The other rig from UST was this 3000 gallon dry-side tanker lettered for the Merrill Fire Department.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-120-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
This breast-cancer-awareness ambulance will be operated from Station 12 in PG County, MD - College Park.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-116-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Precision built this manly rescue/attack truck on a Ford chassis for Wilkins Twp.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-118-L.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-119-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
The Independent Fire Company #1 of York Twp, PA had this very well-laid-out walk-in heavy rescue on a 2-door KME chassis.   Kudos to those guys for their work on this one.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-106-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Add a differential on the front end, matte black vinyl wrap with flames, and you get the HME Extreme RAT.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-64-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
The Western Taney County FD of Branson, MO uses this Jon Boat to protect their puddles.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-65-L.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
In the KME booth, the Squamscott H&L Company of Exeter, NH had this rear-mount aerial on display.  Note the full-with brow light with integrated FMVSS marker lights.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-62-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Ferrara had two FDNY rigs on display, including this HazMat piece.  Note L-29 in the background.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-80-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Alexis had three rigs in the LOS, including this pumper for Andalusia, IL.  Good to see a yellow rig on display...

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-72-L.jpg]

Taylor Goodman