Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edison Township New Jersey
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but its worth a shot. Does anyone have the current list of apparatus and station assignments for the Edison Township Fire Dept?

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Last thing i heard was they operate out of 6 stations, with 2 or 3 new stations built. But money is so tight they can't afford to open the new ones yet and this came from a a few buffs i know out in jersey. But this was well over a year ago.

But they do have the money to order an almost $1,000,000 tower from Spartan ERV...

Capitol Improvement purchases don't come from the same budget as personnel salaries.  $1,000,000 would only pay for 10 personnel for 2 years (figuring a salary and compensation package with a combined value of $50,000/person).  Unfortunately, that's not even enough to staff one station with four men per shift (assuming minimum rig staffing is three).

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:Capitol Improvement purchases don't come from the same budget as personnel salaries.  $1,000,000 would only pay for 10 personnel for 2 years (figuring a salary and compensation package with a combined value of $50,000/person).  Unfortunately, that's not even enough to staff one station with four men per shift (assuming minimum rig staffing is three).

FWIW, a firefighter in Edison tops out at just shy of $107k after 7 years.  That's before any longevity or other stipends they may or may not get.  From what I remember it was a bit of a mixed up department with some pretty thin staffing considering the population.
What units do they staff, and I saw in an article from October that they hiring 14 firefighters.

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
6 Stations

-A seventh was built in Raritan Center by a development company, but it was never staffed by the FD.  It's currently occupied by the PD and JFK EMS.  

10 Engines- 7 Career, 3 volunteer.  

2 Trucks- all career- 1 mid mount, 1 rear mount

2 Rescues (former BLS ambulances)

-Career staffing is 2 on every piece, plus a shift commander.  (And yes, they all make $$$$$$$)  

The firefighters really top out at 107K?....hell, Im a lieutenant with 15 years and dont make anywhere near that

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
wow was suprised to hear about the new spartan erv tower, truck 1 in edison was first due to my school and home growing up, i lived only a 2 minute drive from the route 27 firehouse if anyone has pictures or updates on delivery please keep me posted thanks alot.