Firepics-THE place for fire photographers
FDIC 2016 - Printable Version

+- Firepics-THE place for fire photographers (https://firepics.net/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos-MUST CONTAIN IMAGE IN ORIGINAL POST (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Apparatus Photos (https://firepics.net/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FDIC 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FDIC 2016 - Juice - 04-25-2016

Medic 192 of the Franklin Township Fire Department, in Franklin County (Metro Columbus) will soon be a Ford F-Series/Horton

I literally have no specs on the Bloomfield Township Ambulance other than Chevrolet/Braun, it was another I took a photo of for a reference

The Pierce booth at Lucas Oil Stadium was surprisingly empty compared to years past, in regards to foot traffic when I went over, and I'm not entirely sure how the traffic was in the Convention Center. At any rate, the lack of, made for easy shots with Kentland's new Rescue Engine 33, it wasn't necessarily posed photographer friendly, however.

A final photo of "The Intimidator III"

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this is the first rig of KCFD's large order, this will be going to Pump 9. I'm extremely impressed with the looks of this truck, the clean look, the clean decals package, and the otherwise "no frills about it" look.

Jacksonville Fire/Rescue Department had their first (as well as Pierce's first) Enforcer tiller on display. I knew photos would be near impossible to get with no one around, as the climbers for the 9/11 NFFF stair climb were beginning to converge, so I took this real quick as I was headed down to the show floor. This was the second of 3 tillers, the last being a Spartan ER for Montgomery County, Maryland, which I just could not get because of space restrictions.

The Oshkosh, Wisconsin Fire Department had this brand new Pierce Quantum PUC with "All Steer" on display.

Second shot

The Violet Township, Ohio Fire Department will soon be operating this massive Velocity PUC HDR, coming in just shy of nearby Mifflin Township's Quantum HDR.

Coral Springs, Florida Truck Company

Alexis Fire Apparatus displayed this HME chassis Hazmat for Bettendorf, Iowa.

The second rig is going to Serena, Illinois.

Spencer Fire Apparatus will be sending this Spartan chassised Rescue Engine to Coolspring Township in Michigan City, Indiana.

Before I walk out of Lucas Oil Stadium, here's an overall view

Heading back into the Convention Center, one couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a shot of this beautiful Engine going to Urbana, Illinois.

Surf City, New Jersey will soon have a new Spartan ER with a Boomer, one of only a handful in the United States. This rig replaces one that was damaged in flooding during Hurricane Sandy.

This beautiful Green Spartan will soon be shipped to Chile. I was able to catch this rig going down the Interstate headed back from the show, and as the sun set and hit on it, it only confirmed that the color looked just as good indoors, as it did outside. Despite the tall stance of this truck, we couldn't find anything that hinted to it being a 4 Wheel Drive.

As I said, I was unable to get the Montgomery County tiller, so the last rig I got in the Spartan ER booth was this Engine going to Saginaw Township, Michigan.

Smeal hosted several unique pieces at the convention this year, with the obvious being the reintroduction of the Snorkel and Squrt line.

It was near impossible to get a photo of the entire Snorkel (and it WAS impossible to get the whole Squrt) so this was the best I could do for the Frankfort, Illinois Smeal Sirius Snorkel.

Below it is another Engine (one of many) headed to Calgary

Ferrara seems to usually bring something that will attract attention, and this year was no different. This all Black MVP going to Delhi, Louisiana sure stood out. Anyone who has ever photographed a Black rig (thinking East Brooklyn Smeal a couple of years ago) knows how hard it is to do so without a reflection, so this is the best I could do.

This Heavy Rescue for Clifford Township appeared to be VERY well thought out, and certainly didn't come up short on storage space.

Houston Texas switched over to an all Red paint scheme within the few years, and I haven't decided if I like it, or the White over Red better.