Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keasbey NJ's 1972 Mack CF Baker 2013 KME Rehab
Great looking rig. Not crazy about the brow light and the grille, but otherwise I think it looks great. The diamond plate steps do seem a little "overbuilt", but I actually like the look.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Everyone just calm down a little! We should LOVE to bring our children to the station or next parade to see this CLASSIC!!  This is what dreams are made of for kids wanting to become firefighters is made of!!   

It's a Mack Aerialscope, I will take it

Mike,

Is this the same rig that 124 had when they responded to that 10th (?) alarm job on Knickerbocker Ave. in summer of '77?

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
yes
Quote:Mike,

Is this the same rig that 124 had when they responded to that 10th (?) alarm job on Knickerbocker Ave. in summer of '77?

Hopefully, KME replaced the melted window...... Smile
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
FWIW, I have operated many types of apparatus. And IMO, a single axle aerialscope is still the best piece anyone can own. This Dept. went much further than a Long Island Dept with their refurb, basically replacing everything but the boom, jacks, cab and outriggers. I taught a class outside of Scranton using a single axle Mack, and told them with their area, replacing this with a tandem axle behemoth offsets the maneuvariability (? WOW..lol) of a single axle Mack. Upgrading the axles, adding a Jake or a Telma to assist with braking (especially on hills) more than makes up for the second axle for braking (and I am aware of the weight restrictions lately as well).

Funny thing is, we have a pic of this rig at the Knickerbocker job hanging in quarters. Some guys might be amazed the rig is still running. Even with a Detroit, its still a Mack.. lol

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.