Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boston Ladder 17
Quote:Pierce built the current ones. KME's building the next ones. Go down to the top of the last page in the PDF.

http://www.cityofboston.gov/images_docum...-37798.pdf

I was reading the link. They are seriously not going to mandate replacement of your Cairns 5A and N5A Leather New Yorkers are they? I know the Chief of Department resigned a couple of months ago. Did that end the PPE and NFPA madness? I always have viewed Boston as one of the nation's premier traditional aggressive fire departments with solid engine and truck work. A proven system that works for aggressive fire ground operations. Unlike the whimsical fads that overtake the fire service every ten years.  

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
We will NOT be switching. The union & Commissioner sat down to discuss the fact that the Local 718 Safety Committee was completely bypassed (contractually we have a voice in ANY safety equipment issued) by the helmets & the fact that the money could be better used in other places. A joint decision was reached to table the idea indefinitely! Yet another example of FORMER "Chief" Abreira solving problems that didn't exist in the first place!

FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
Portland, OR runs 6 tillered trucks.