Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Haven, CT 2nd alarm dwelling fire 27 Kossuth St. 12/19/13
I lived in New Haven for 3 years while I was in college, and I know first hand that they are a very aggressive city department.      I've also been an FDNY Engine Company Chauffer for over 10 years, and if my officer calls for water before I'm hooked up to the hydrant, I'm letting him know he's on tank water, which gives him the heads up that he's got about 2 minutes before he's out of water.    We have EXCELLENT surrounding engine companies though, and within less than 2 minutes, we're always hooked up and flowing hydrant water........which I'm also relaying to the officer.

Great shots 29!

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
I am going to say this once and once only.

The posting guidelines state the following:

Firepics.net is a site for the enjoyment of those interested in the fire service. It is designed as a "buff" site, and because of this, no discussion of fireground tactics is allowed. 

AND

Flaming of any member, or public criticism of board rules will not be tolerated, and appropriate warning actions, including suspension and removal from the board will be taken.

There have been multiple violations of both of these rules in this thread.  I should just boot everybody, but I'm going to let it go.  Any more digressions, and the consequences will be swift and brutal.

Ed Burke
Firepics Administrator

Fireground Photos.net
I seen this going bad and was a good boy!....LOL

Great pics Signal29..... you shooting in manual? Whats your typical night settings? That first pic is crisp and clear!! NICE!! 

Quote:I lived in New Haven for 3 years while I was in college, and I know first hand that they are a very aggressive city department.      I've also been an FDNY Engine Company Chauffer for over 10 years, and if my officer calls for water before I'm hooked up to the hydrant, I'm letting him know he's on tank water, which gives him the heads up that he's got about 2 minutes before he's out of water.    We have EXCELLENT surrounding engine companies though, and within less than 2 minutes, we're always hooked up and flowing hydrant water........which I'm also relaying to the officer.

Great shots 29!
Truck Rules!! LOL