-Evan Smith Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wheeling, WV Ladder 10 (Reserve)

-Evan Smith Photo

Wheeling, WV Squad 2

-Evan Smith Photo

Great shots of Wheeling's apparatus. Their paint scheme has been a favorite of mine for a long time.
Jay Kormann
[quote name='firepicsMW' date='27 September 2009 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1254085376' post='339317']

Wheeling, WV Eng.5

-Evan Smith Photo

[/quote]

Can anyone explain the lower level lightbar on the cab of this rig? I understand the concept for lower heights, but the deck gun on top sticks way up there. Just curious?
[quote name='wvguy38' date='01 October 2009 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1254400766' post='340095']

Can anyone explain the lower level lightbar on the cab of this rig? I understand the concept for lower heights, but the deck gun on top sticks way up there. Just curious?

[/quote]

The lightbar was mouted like that to accomodate the height of the bay door at their old fire station, which was recently replaced. Engine 4, which was former Engine 5 (to the best of my understanding), has its lightbar mounted in the same way and was for the same reason.

Evan
Wheeling, WV Engine 11

-Evan Smith Photo

And this finishes up the fleet of fire apparatus in Wheeling.

Wheeling, WV Engine 8 (Reserve)

-Evan Smith Photo

[quote name='firepicsMW' date='01 October 2009 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1254401722' post='340098']

The lightbar was mouted like that to accomodate the height of the bay door at their old fire station, which was recently replaced. Engine 4, which was former Engine 5 (to the best of my understanding), has its lightbar mounted in the same way and was for the same reason.

Evan

[/quote]

Evan, Engine 4 has always been assigned to Station 4. Engine 9's Sutphen was former Engine 5, it did go thru a rehab which included new lights, striping and other mechanical upgrades.

Ladder 6 (1973 ALF 100'/1990's Spartan Glider) to the best of my knowledge was put out of service, and the 1982 Sutphen 90' Tower is assigned as Ladder 6 out of Station 10.

Do you happen to know when they started staffing more EMS Squads? I only remember Squads 1 and 2 (S1 being out of Station 2, S2 being out of Station 10)

The photos are excellent, glad someone got to shoot the whole fleet!
63Engine1,

Thanks for clarifying that on former Engine 5. In regards to the Spartan/ALF, they said they could still use it if absolutely necessary, but it was being stored in the city garage behind a bus and boat trailer. The third med unit went into service early this year at Station 10. Squad 1, which is lettered as Squad 3, runs from Station 2 and Squad 4 runs from Station 4.
Charleston, WV Eng. 2

1998 HME/Smeal

2000/500

-Evan Smith Photo

Charleston, WV Ladder 2

1990 Simon/LTI Olympian

2000/200

100' TL

-Evan Smith Photo

*They had a new ladder truck on order to replace this

Charleston, WV Squad 2

2000 Ford F550/?

-Evan Smith Photo

Charleston, WV Reserve Engine 4

1982 ALF

1000/500

-Evan Smith Photo

Beckley, WV Ladder 2 (still in front-line service)

1963 International/Seagrave

75' MM

-Evan Smith Photo