Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOT C1FD Chassis
The Oxford truck is still running as a front line rig. As for the Moncton snorkel, as of last year it was owned by the Moncton Firefighters historical society. It was being stored in a horse barn in Havelock NB.
[quote name='atlanticfiretrucks.com' date='17 June 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1276792846' post='387779']

The Oxford truck is still running as a front line rig. As for the Moncton snorkel, as of last year it was owned by the Moncton Firefighters historical society. It was being stored in a horse barn in Havelock NB.

[/quote]

Thanks!
Thought I would bring this back and see if anyone could help me with filling the gaps for some of the missing Scot rigs.  Thanks.

Quote:In 2003 the Swift Current Fire Department and Warner ALF of Moose Jaw converted the unit into a tanker

250/4000
The Swift Current Scot which originally bore an 85ft  Snorkel with King Seagrave body work and then converted to a tanker by Warner-ALF was recently sold to the Kamsack SK Fire Department
Quote:Vernon, BC had this 1978 Pierreville 1050/500/85 foot Fire King elevating platform. Dave Stewardson photo.
The ex-Vernon BC 78 Scot 85ft Snorkel actually had King Seagrave body work. I happened to catch this truck way back in 78 on it's delivery run in Swift Current SK. It has since been sold to Martensville SK just north of Saskatoon and is still on their roster
Nice to hear a couple of them are still running, although they are aging quick!!

Oxford has retired their SCOT tanker, it is now sitting in a lot off the highway, looks like it has been stripped of parts.  An ex Cole Harbour/HRM SCOT/king that ran as Engine 17 has been retired by the Woods Harbour, NS Fire Department.  I believe Debert still has one (possibly 2) in their roster.   Im hoping to get photos sometime this year.