Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDNY New pumpers.........
[quote name='danger' timestamp='1358034787' post='507414']

Half the lights out...aerial PTO won't engage...ladder creeps on its own...three separate times the rig wouldn't start for calls...

[/quote]

Now that is scary.
Dave
[quote name='danger' timestamp='1358034787' post='507414']

Half the lights out...aerial PTO won't engage...ladder creeps on its own...three separate times the rig wouldn't start for calls...

[/quote]

PoJo article the other day had picture with 45 @ HQ, is this permanent?
[quote name='201/65' timestamp='1358182993' post='507519']

PoJo article the other day had picture with 45 @ HQ, is this permanent?

[/quote]

Nope, but whenever 32-46 (Ferrara) is out (frequently), HQ runs 32-45 (E\-One) to ensure we have one truck staffed. LIkewise if the rescue (also a F-bomb) is out, we run the POS Ferrara rescue pumper from St 5.
[quote name='goon16' timestamp='1358133701' post='507503']

It's just another screen from our mdt telling us what due we are where we are going and what type of call and if there are any cids for the building. We have a screen in all the cabs in every rig. The officer has his which is touch screen and also has a keyboard

[/quote]

Thanks for the info!
No prob brother
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
There's a great article in 2Q 2012 edition of WYNF about the FDNY seatbelt research and plan of action. Really interesting.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Read an article today in the July 2013   Fire Apparatus and Equipment magazine this after noon that FDNY signed a deal for seven "Attacker Heavy Duty cabs and chassis; Cummins ISX12 450-hp engines; Waterous CMU 2,000 GPM pumps; 500-gallon polypropylene tanks; Seagrave Stainless Steel Short bodies; Akron Apollo moniters."

Did the deal with KME fall through?

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:Read an article today in the July 2013   Fire Apparatus and Equipment magazine this after noon that FDNY signed a deal for seven "Attacker Heavy Duty cabs and chassis; Cummins ISX12 450-hp engines; Waterous CMU 2,000 GPM pumps; 500-gallon polypropylene tanks; Seagrave Stainless Steel Short bodies; Akron Apollo moniters."

Did the deal with KME fall through?

I believe that these eight pumpers are intended to replace rigs lost in Hurricane Sandy.
Rumor is KME is 6-8 months behind on making a prototype
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
I was told that New York needed 8 Pumpers to replace those damaged by Sandy.  They asked KME how fast they could get the 8 pumpers and add it to the order, it was too long so they gave it to Seagrave as a add on order.

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/...ngine-cab/

Taken a week ago.

Quote: 

Taken a week ago.
 Nothing there?
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
</pre>
http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php/topic,19939.165.html

http://postimg.org/image/m3frkzkn1/

Does anyone have a copy of or the link to FDNY's full written spec for pumpers? I have tried searching online but have been unable to locate. Even tried looking through NYC's website.