Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairfax County VA
Nate and Trey

As of 2 minutes ago looking on the web Lorton has 7 operational volunteers no one is more than an EMT as it sounds.
Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
[sup][quote name='Engine410kid' timestamp='1330663062' post='476368']

Nate and Trey

As of 2 minutes ago looking on the web Lorton has 7 operational volunteers no one is more than an EMT as it sounds.

[/quote][/sup]

[sup]With Springfield staffing. IE: A419E.[/sup]
Thanks for clearing that up, kid.
"The Coke Truck". Former Hazmat Support 34 that I referred to previously. Man, has Fairfax come a long way....

Attached Files Image(s)

County Reserve in 2008. I believe this was Rescue Squad 18's old rig prior to the E-0ne tandem axle'd one (corrections welcome). When this ran as RS421 it also rolled with the coke truck. I love the "ghetto style" red duck taped "19" on it shown here. Lol.

Attached Files Image(s)

Rescue 421 shown here running with the support rig

Attached Files Image(s)

Sorry for the quality. Taken in 2008 with my old camera.

Attached Files Image(s)

New paint, wheel covers, and acid washed cab and comaprtments and it can be yours for 179k [url="http://www.pfafire.com/used_truck_view.php?id=65"]http://www.pfafire.com/used_truck_view.php?id=65[/url]
WOW! Thats a bit steep......
[quote name='Good2Go' timestamp='1330711101' post='476416']

Sorry for the quality. Taken in 2008 with my old camera.

[/quote]

If memory serves me, that is the box from the 1984 Ford C/E-1 quick build that E-1 did for Fairfax County. I was attending recruit school when it was delivered to the shops at West Ox.
[quote name='SrFireOfficial' timestamp='1330743387' post='476472']

If memory serves me, that is the box from the 1984 Ford C/E-1 quick build that E-1 did for Fairfax County. I was attending recruit school when it was delivered to the shops at West Ox.

[/quote]

The same for the one that went to 26. I believe they were rechassised in 98 along with a glider pumper for 26. I do not know where the rescue for 26 disappeared too
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1330744302' post='476473']

The same for the one that went to 26. I believe they were rechassised in 98 along with a glider pumper for 26. I do not know where the rescue for 26 disappeared too

[/quote]

Squad 26 was quick build due Squad 18's 1975 Chevy / Reading needing to be replaced. Edsal Rd.'s 1975 Chevy / Reading (twin of then Squad 18) went to Jefferson whan the Ford / E\-One was delivered. The second Ford / E\-One went to Squad 11 to replace their Ford L / 3-D which went to become the second Haz-Mat 34. Penn Daw's squad had a kick out window/panel on the front of the squad bow whereas Squd 26's did not. The rebuilt E\-One Protector at 26 had 11's old box and when 18 got their rebuilt squad (1995) it had 26's old box. Engine 26 was a glider kit from one of the 1980 Duplex / 3-D pumpers, not sure which of three. (8V71 motor)

Paul

Paul
Did anyone take any photos of FS412 Grand Re-Opening Ceremony this past weekend? Hope to see some soon and thanks in advance for posting

dave
Dave from what I heard there were about 300 people there and a classic engine 12 showed up so there should be lots of good photos.

Michael

BXRVFD

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Anyone know the status of the 4 Pierce Velocity Pumpers due this Spring and Fairfax City new Pumper?
Trey White
E423, 418, 421 and 429 were inspected on the blue floor last week. If things hold to past form look for them in service in 2 to 3 months.

Dunno about the City's rig.

[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1331744090' post='477448']

Anyone know the status of the 4 Pierce Velocity Pumpers due this Spring and Fairfax City new Pumper?

[/quote]
The City's Velocity is due to arrive in April. Don't know when it will hit the streets though.
From what I had seen last time I filled 33 all they have to do is switch the gear over to the new RE. Due to the fact that it is a carbon copy of what the city currently runs just with a velocity cab. It shouldn't take too long to get in service.

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

New Engine 421 (shorter wheelbase than both previous delivered models)

Attached Files Image(s)

Side

Attached Files Image(s)