Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Kensington, PA Bureau of Fire
No, the city purchased a 1997 Seagrave TB, ex. Stratford, CT originally East Rutherford, NJ.  That will go in service as Engine 5.  Engine 5's 1986 Kenworth/FMC, the twin to the one being sold, will go to Engine 4.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Ed where do you guys keep the 35 ford from #1, the 49 Mack and the open cab Mack at or are they at there respectative stations
The old and new engine 5.  1986 Kenworth / FMC and a 1997 Seagrave.  The Seagrave is going to get the radio installed, a brow light installed, and I believe some lighting upgrades.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stay tuned for rig changes

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Cool! What now
Just a few moving to different stations.  Photos will follow soon.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Quote:Just a few moving to different stations.  Photos will follow soon.
Well the Seagrave is back from radios being installed and warning light upgrades.  Will soon be placed in frontline.  Within a month, the moves will start.  Rumor has it, that a couple different rigs will enter the bureau's fleet as nice upgrades.  Will keep everyone posted.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

For sale by New Kensington No. 2  1986 Hendrickson/Marion rescue.  This has a total of 48,000 miles on it but only 20,000 miles on the new Detroit 6V-92.  Allison HT-740-D automatic.  12 KW Onan diesel generator.  20 ton front mounted winch with A-Frame.  (2) 200' cord reels, (2) 500 watt quartz lights on each side of box.  A/C in rear crew area.  New batteries.  Any questions, contact:  Bill Kersey @ william.kersey82@yahoo.com  Truck available immediately. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Did you keep the mural on the side of the Seagrave?
Quote:For sale by New Kensington No. 2  1986 Hendrickson/Marion rescue.  This has a total of 48,000 miles on it but only 20,000 miles on the new Detroit 6V-92.  Allison HT-740-D automatic.  12 KW Onan diesel generator.  20 ton front mounted winch with A-Frame.  (2) 200' cord reels, (2) 500 watt quartz lights on each side of box.  A/C in rear crew area.  New batteries.  Any questions, contact:  Bill Kersey @ william.kersey82@yahoo.com  Truck available immediately. 
what replaced this rig?
Yes.  The membership at Station 5 liked it.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

The membership at Station purchased a 1997 HME/4-Guys rescue to replace their 1986 Hendrickson.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

where did this 4guys/hme come from

North Fayette Twp. Allegheny County

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

1997 Seagrave TB  Ex. Stratford, CT.  Ex. and originally East Rutherford, NJ.  2,000 gpm Waterous 2-Stage, 750 booster tank, 50 foam tank.  Officially in service at Engine 5.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

More rig changes coming in the next few months.  Stay tuned.

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire Engine 4.  1980/1992 American LaFrance Century.  1,250 2-stage American LaFrance pump.  1,000 gwt.  Ex F.D.N.Y. Engine 61.  Refurbed by PA Fire Apparatus for Biglerville Truck & Hose Co. 1 of Adams County, PA.  Purchased by the City of New Kensington in 2012 and in service as Engine 6.  Placed in service as Engine 4.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

The new (used) Rescue 2 arrives tomorrow.  Stay tuned to pictures.  Also, The engine shuffle continues with the arrival of the replacement of Engine 6.  Once again, a bulldog will be growling in the "Aluminum City"!

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Arrived and placed in service yesterday as Rescue 2.  This is a 1997 HME/4-Guys originally owned by North Fayette Volunteer Fire Company. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

Looks like a great addition to the city!