Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Train Photography
December 7, 2006--Me and my buddy decide to go up to Iona Island early in the morning. We're trackside by 7am! The temperature is in single digits!! We're diehard railfans......

Just after 10am I caught this northbound TOFC train led by the CSX #633 coming off the south trestle and onto the island. It was worth freezing my butt off to get this shot! Of course the sun, which was out before this train came by, and came back out after this train was gone, just had to hide behind the clouds for this one shot! I still like it though.....it has a very dramatic look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Several days later, 12/14/06, I'm back at the Island alone. It was crystal clear and sunny at my home in NJ but by the time I drove the 30 miles to the Island it was socked in by fog. Well I hung for a while while several trains went by, un-photographed. Then the fog lifted just enough for this one. This is probably my overall favorite train photo. It's the CSX #5307 leading train Q-410 northbound through the fog.

Great shots!

Well, as we in the northeast struggled with snow this morning it hit me that i was off early today, so after i got off i walked over to the tracks in front of my work and was able to grab some pretty good pics. Hope everyone else has had as good as luck as i have had.

Amtrak #180 heading south.

Attached Files Image(s)

CSX 5246. Heading north.

Attached Files Image(s)

VRE #V05 heading south.

Attached Files Image(s)

Auto train on it's way south to sunny Florida.

Attached Files Image(s)

As the Auto train was pulling out of the station, Medic 419 and Ambulance 420 pulled into the station for some type of an emergency. Crappy shot of M419 and no pic of A420. This shot shows M419 going up to the main entrance of the station. And to the right at the top of the embankment is the Auto train itself.

Attached Files Image(s)

CSX , Sarasota,FL

Attached Files Image(s)

And another

Attached Files Image(s)

Another

Attached Files Image(s)

Largo Central Park, FL

Attached Files Image(s)

Largo,FL

Attached Files Image(s)

Just to show you that I shoot trains in other places.....Today I was out chasing NJ Transit and got this shot of Train #43 heading west behind the NJT #4100 at Arden, NY on its way from Hoboken, NJ to Port Jervis, NY.

And the cab car bringing up the markers....as well as a cloud of snow!

While out buffing a few years ago I caught this call Engine 5 giving Guilford Rail a little drink, kind of a combo train-apparatus pic....

Attached Files Image(s)

I came across these compressed air locomotives in Plymouth Mass

Attached Files Image(s)

builders plate from the orange one

Attached Files Image(s)

what they were

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='IStubbedMyToe' post='288026' date='Mar 8 2009, 16:52 ']what they were[/quote]

Its nice to see pics from you that are less controversial!
[quote name='15K' post='288061' date='Mar 8 2009, 20:50 ']Its nice to see pics from you that are less controversial![/quote]

Rob...

He seams to be back on track....