Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Fire Department
Very Cool , I like it.
Strike Out The Box

Here is a link to my webshots. Fire Apparatus photo albums

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/SlipperySam71?vhost=community"]http://community.webshots.com/user/Slipper...vhost=community[/url]
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='330264' date='Aug 17 2009, 19:44 ']Excellent....2 big cities back with E\-One...

Thanks for the information.[/quote]

Hi Larry . From what I understand the CFD signed a 6 year contract for 36 E/One Aerial Ladders at a rate of about 6 a year. To my knowledge this is supposed to be for straight rear mounted Aerial Ladders as I haven't heard a thing about any Tower Ladders being included in that order (so far), but who knows.

Larry who is the second city ordering E/Ones ,Boston?
Steve . I like the collage and the shots that you took of the new Rescue Boat 688. It reminds of the old "Jet Boats" that the CFD had purchased in the early 1960's (without the pilot house of course).
Chicago IL 1908 ALF Chemical
A little off topic...but I think it fits..

a CPD M boat(1 of several)...runs in tandem with CFD rescue boats on water incidents

Attached Files Image(s)

A photo of both air and sea CPD units...very similar in scope to CFD units

Attached Files Image(s)

Firepost...yes I was referring to Chicago and Boston.

Only if we could go back to them...
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
I stopped at Jimmy diesel, The local Crimson dealer on my way to Pastime Hobbies and found afew things in the lot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine-122's new Spartan/Crimson

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice photo's Commish. It just so happens that I saw Squad 1 on North Michigan avenue today using the Spare Snorkel Squad. So it looks like that they should be getting their regular rig back shortly then. I understand the the CFD is working on specs for three new Squads however since the American La France corporation won't build a new Snorkel it means that the current Snorkels will probably have to be remounted on new Chassis for the proposed new Squads.

Keep the photos coming.
Does anyone know how Chicago Shift's run??

Ex.

8am to 8 next morning.

Two days off

8am to 8 next morning.

etc
on 24 off 48
[quote name='Srresquire' post='331517' date='Aug 23 2009, 20:18 ']I made a collage of the new boat....do you guys like it??[/quote]

Where are they keeping the new boat at? Wouldn't mind trying to get some pictures myself when I'm back in Chicago in a few weeks. Thanx
[quote name='Srresquire' post='318580' date='Jul 2 2009, 18:30 ']How it looks now....I had to send these to someone so I thought I'd repost...

Steve[/quote]

What station is 5-2-5 stationed at?
Ok so maybe this will be easier does anyone have a list of where all the specialty apparatus is located. 5-11 club and Metro Chicago fire websites don't have them all listed or even close to half of them. That would be a huge help for me to add to my map thingy on my computer. Thanx a lot!
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='330264' date='Aug 17 2009, 20:44 ']Excellent....2 big cities back with E\-One...

Thanks for the information.[/quote]

wonder who greased the hands on this deal. Makes no sense to go back to the crap of E\-One
At the risk of starting a war...the E\-One chassis may be average, their electrical system designs leave something to be desired and their attention to detail average at best... but their aerial/torque box/outrigger design is the best one for the fire service with no catastrophic failures ever. Nobody else can say that.

So I take exception to the "crap" comment about E\-One aerials...and no I don't work for them either just worked off of them for the last 12 years.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='335390' date='Sep 9 2009, 10:33 ']At the risk of starting a war...the E\-One chassis may be average, their electrical system designs leave something to be desired and their attention to detail average at best... but their aerial/torque box/outrigger design is the best one for the fire service with no catastrophic failures ever. Nobody else can say that.

So I take exception to the "crap" comment about E\-One aerials...and no I don't work for them either just worked off of them for the last 12 years.[/quote]

I've always said a Spartan chassis with an E\-One aerial and any number of bodies would be my dream rig for MY department...

And before anyone tells me E\-One will build a 75 footer on a Spartan that process has been discontinued. I've asked...
I know right........no more aerials on anything but their chassis...although they have done it in the past.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Look into that one...the Smeal issue that is...
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com