Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ottawa Fire Services
WIth Pump 35 receiving a 2015 KME, their 2006 Spartan Metrostar/Carl Thibault 1250/500 has been reassigned to Pump 34, which runs as a rescue pumper.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ken or Bruce, just my 2 cents but can you suggest the Twitter handle info be put on the body on that silver horizontal piece of metal above the roll up doors instead of the cab doors? Too busy on the cab and nothing on the body...

Pump 22's brand new 2015 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20.

Pump 41 also got a new 2015 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20.

This station is difficult to shoot at as the station is on a busy street, and the shadows are usually in the way!!

Pump 46 is a 2013 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20, and is first due to the Ottawa Senators rink, The Canadian Tire Centre.

Carried as a 2014, the department's command truck is actually a 2009 Spartan Gladiator/2014 Eastway command post.  This unit runs as Command 46 out of Station 46.

Pump 51 in the east end runs this new 2015 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20

Pump 52 has been in their 2015 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20 for a month.

IMO, Ottawa has one of the sharpest, most elegant graphics/paint scheme in North America

Quote:IMO, Ottawa has one of the sharpest, most elegant graphics/paint scheme in North America
Thank you, we are quite proud of our fleet!
Also, if you haven't been to Ottawa before, I highly recommend traveling there. One of my best friends married a girl from there, and so I traveled to Ottawa for their wedding. The city is fantastic! I love history, so seeing the various memorials and museums was a blast. I hope to get back someday.
Quote:IMO, Ottawa has one of the sharpest, most elegant graphics/paint scheme in North America
Thanks...we did multiple (and I mean multiple) drawings trying to come up with a good graphics package....

We did propose a rather stylish black over red but that was turned down as our fleet is so big and already white over red......

We also had to present a white with red stripes option very similar to our tahoes but again rank and file morale was considered and thought to be a little too "white"....

We changed the angle of the stripe on the new pumps to match the roofline (the 45 degree raised roof) which looks pretty good.

We also increased the width of the front chevrons so it didnt look like a barber shop.

The city has a visual identity guideline, but we managed to change the font of the lettering on almost all of the new rigs as the city font was pretty simplistic.

Attached Files Image(s)

Shot at the shop was Ladder 91, a 2008 Spartan Gladiator/Carl Thibault 1750/300/104 foot RK platform. As the truck was out of service, it was not able to be moved into a better position. Station 91 is a volunteer station in the village of Metcalfe, in the south end.  It is also the only ladder in the fleet equipped with suction hose!

Pump 72 was also at the shop, and I was able to get this early morning shot as the sun was just coming up.  It is a 2013 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20.

Is the new HazMat in town and in service yet?

Thanks!

Quote:Is the new HazMat in town and in service yet?

Thanks!
Hey Kevin, The new hazmat is in town.  I spent this past week training on it as I will be the instructor on the truck for all our hazmat technicians. There is still some outfitting to be done at the Swansea Garage.  I expect sometime within the next 2 to 3 weeks that I may be starting the training on it.  Put a lot of miles on it this week, it drives nicer than my car! If you look at the photo of Ladder 91, that is the hazmat behind it!

Quote:Is the new HazMat in town and in service yet?

Thanks!

Hey Kevin, The new hazmat is in town.  I spent this past week training on it as I will be the instructor on the truck for all our hazmat technicians. There is still some outfitting to be done at the Swansea Garage.  I expect sometime within the next 2 to 3 weeks that I may be starting the training on it.  Put a lot of miles on it this week, it drives nicer than my car!
Can't wait to see it out and about someday
Quote:Also, if you haven't been to Ottawa before, I highly recommend traveling there. One of my best friends married a girl from there, and so I traveled to Ottawa for their wedding. The city is fantastic! I love history, so seeing the various memorials and museums was a blast. I hope to get back someday.
Thanks for your positive comments on our fine city! 
Quote:Can't wait to see it out and about someday
It will be going to station 24 on Viewmount Drive, once the training is complete.  Realistically, end of November
Pumps 55 and 42 have now been set up with extrication equipment and trained to respond as rescue pumps.