Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ottawa Fire Services
Quote:Hey Kevin, The new hazmat is in town.  I spent this past week training on it as I will be the instructor on the truck for all our hazmat technicians. There is still some outfitting to be done at the Swansea Garage.  I expect sometime within the next 2 to 3 weeks that I may be starting the training on it.  Put a lot of miles on it this week, it drives nicer than my car! If you look at the photo of Ladder 91, that is the hazmat behind it!
Thanks for the info Ken.

Should be a welcome addition for you guys!
Quote:Thanks for the info Ken.

Should be a welcome addition for you guys!
There is a lot of buzz and excitement for this truck. 
Yesterday, there were four (? - I was going 115 kph) OFS pumpers in the large vehicle auction yard on the north side of Exit 88 at Vars on Hwy 417.  I believe the sign said there will be a heavy vehicle auction on Nov. 12.

Quote:Yesterday, there were four (? - I was going 115 kph) OFS pumpers in the large vehicle auction yard on the north side of Exit 88 at Vars on Hwy 417.  I believe the sign said there will be a heavy vehicle auction on Nov. 12.
Yes, with the new KMEs a bunch of older rigs are at the auction....and they go for a song! Last time One was purchased for $5000 and put on the internet the next day for $80K...PM me if anyone needs a good used pumper and I can give the details.....
My station received its new 2015 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20 2 weeks ago.  Our 2013 KME will be going to one of the volunteer halls, but not sure at this time.  The 2013 rigs at stations 11, 13 and 24 were replaced with new rigs and those 2013 rigs are all going to other stations.

Better photo of Pump 24 (74-15299) coming in the spring!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How do you like the repositioning of the passenger's side mirror?

Quote:How do you like the repositioning of the passenger's side mirror?
Love it.  Makes it easier to see when driving.  That is our new standard.  The new hazmat has that configuration as well
I have to agree with ladder13, the new mirror position is huge improvement. In addition to the blind spot camera mounted on the officer's side, I've got a way better view of that side of the truck. I don't have to worry about my officer being in the way of my mirror anymore. 

Quote:Love it.  Makes it easier to see when driving.  That is our new standard.  The new hazmat has that configuration as well

Quote:I have to agree with ladder13, the new mirror position is huge improvement. In addition to the blind spot camera mounted on the officer's side, I've got a way better view of that side of the truck. I don't have to worry about my officer being in the way of my mirror anymore. 
When are they going to retrofit the 2014 KME's ?

Thanks
Quote: 

When are they going to retrofit the 2014 KME's ?

Thanks
13's old pump was already done, not sure on any schedule for the others.
Shot of opportunity, Pump 35 is a 2015 KME 1250/600/20.  Better shot to come once the weather breaks.

Another shot of Hazmat 24 with all its graphics applied. The reflective red makes it very difficult to shoot properly.

Quote:Another shot of Hazmat 24 with all its graphics applied. The reflective red makes it very difficult to shoot properly.
Very Nice Rig!
If you visit EVI right now on Google Maps; 705 13th St, Lake Park, FL 33403 you can see the cab and chassis of the new Haz Mat sitting next to the building (use street view)

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.7970049,...312!8i6656

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:If you visit EVI right now on Google Maps; 705 13th St, Lake Park, FL 33403 you can see the cab and chassis of the new Haz Mat sitting next to the building (use street view)

The Ottawa chassis was white, if you look at the Ford F  series chassis  on the other side of the building , you will notice they are an older model.

Cool picture though!

http://erblog.spartanchassis.com/2015/02...ottawa-on/
Quote:If you visit EVI right now on Google Maps; 705 13th St, Lake Park, FL 33403 you can see the cab and chassis of the new Haz Mat sitting next to the building (use street view)

Not our truck.  Chassis was delivered all white from Spartan.  All red on the truck is reflective decals, not paint.  I suspect it might have been one of the 2 rigs ordered for Palm Beach County FD.
I think the older F Series is just from a remount or something, the photo says February of 2015, so upon further thought, I bet that is indeed one of the Palm Beach County rigs, because one was at FDIC in April of 2015.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:I think the older F Series is just from a remount or something, the photo says February of 2015, so upon further thought, I bet that is indeed one of the Palm Beach County rigs, because one was at FDIC in April of 2015.

Trav!
Well there was two of them, but the information was correct on the Spartan anyway, just trying to help! 

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.7974327,...312!8i6656

You're right about the other Ford F series, the above link shows a late model Ford F series  at the front of EVI.

Pump 11A is a 2013 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20.  This station runs 2 pumpers when manpower is available, and covers Chinatown and Little Italy, which gives it a fairly heavy fire load.

Pump 54 is a 2015 KME Severe Service 1250/600/20 that covers the east end community of Blackburn Hamlet.