Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairfax County VA
Lets revive the Fairfax County page with some information. Any banter, corrections, additions, or rumors welcomed. From the information I have gathered for the "One Order" feature in my magazine Fire & EMS Virginia, this is what I believe to be the correct and lastest due dates and assignments. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry Puryear

Fairfax: (3) 2014 Pierce Velocity 1500/750/40 due 9-14 (428, 431, 434)

(2) 2014 Pierce Impel 1500/750/40 due 9-14 (407, 407B)

2014 Pierce Velocity 100’ ladder due 9-14 (408)

2014 Pierce Velocity 100’ tower due 9-14 (405)

(2) 2014 Pierce Velocity rescues due 10-14 (418, 419)

(2) 2014 Pierce Velocity TT due 11-14 (410, 429)

Jerry everything appears to be correct after talking with my contact at Apparatus. I was surprised that Tower 408 was going with a RM Aerial Ladder. Guess a newer Tower wont fit. Corrections are welcome if I am wrong gents.
Trey White
Quote:Lets revive the Fairfax County page with some information. Any banter, corrections, additions, or rumors welcomed. From the information I have gathered for the "One Order" feature in my magazine Fire & EMS Virginia, this is what I believe to be the correct and latest due dates and assignments. Any help will be appreciated.

Jerry Puryear

And, if anyone cares to post any photos of older (1960's-1990's) Fairfax County rigs, I wouldn't object Fireman - it's difficult to find good shots of them online.
Wondering why 407 is getting 2 Impel instead of the Velocity
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Quote:Wondering why 407 is getting 2 Impel instead of the Velocity
Costs and they won't get pulled into the field like the last few FA Engines because they are different.
Quote:Jerry everything appears to be correct after talking with my contact at Apparatus. I was surprised that Tower 408 was going with a RM Aerial Ladder. Guess a newer Tower wont fit. Corrections are welcome if I am wrong gents.
Correct a Pierce RM Tower won't fit and from what I understand a TDA won't either. Then again at 60' long a TDA won't fit and most stations
Guess with 410 and 429 getting TDA their rigs should go and replace Truck 438 and Truck 441 which are the oldest frontline Pierce RMs in the fleet.

Trey White
All,

I think many of you know I work VERY hard on my publication, and I try VERY  hard to make sure anything I publish or put out is correct. Sometimes, however; wires get crossed, or I don't receive the correct information from my "sources". This morning, I received an updated list for Fairfax County. It seems I jumped the gun on two tillers. There is only one. I also had one of the rescues in the wrong station. Also, despite people saying a tower will not fit in FS408, it seems one is on order for that station. Here is the latest I have. I apologize for posting incorret data and sincerely hope no one or no department was offended.

Jerry

Fairfax: (3) 2014 Pierce Velocity 1500/750/40 due 9-14 (428, 431, 434)

(2) 2014 Pierce Impel 1500/750/ due 9-14 (407, 407B)

2014 Pierce Velocity 100’ tower due 9-14 (408)

2014  Franconia Volunteer Fire Department Pierce Velocity 100’ tower due 9-14 (405)

(2) 2014 Pierce Velocity rescues due 10-14 (418, 421)

(1) 2014 Pierce Velocity TT due 11-14 ( 429)

I haven't had a chance to get dress shots of our two new transports but asked one of our members to get some new PR shots for some work we're doing.  Once SAF403 has their new car we'll redo them with everything running out of the house but this was quick and simple and includes the two new Fords.  

Photo by Jeff Willey

This humougas Freightliner arrived at FS 21

and replaced the Tech Rescue trailer and tow

vehicle

I don't have any info on it yet

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow. I figured it end up at 18 to replace the POD.

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
I wonder how many more the county will get. I saw the first one down at 14 the other day.
Quote:I wonder how many more the county will get. I saw the first one down at 14 the other day.
Could this of been the same one?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
I photographed this one at Station 18 a few weeks ago and also saw the one at 14 last week. Did not know about 21s. Hopefully I can get this moved next photo visit.

Trey White
UASI paid for one FFX paid for the other. If my info is correct
Looks like the old Pod hauler is going out to pasture

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction...uc=1128983

I wonder if the new Freightliner box trucks at FS414 and FS421 replaced these two like the one at FS418 replaced the POD carrier?

*Cave In 414           2003 Ford F350, 4-door, r/w, dual wheels #6417

with 1995 Wells Cargo/Steeldraulics trailer, 18', w/r, #8190

*Cave In 421           2003 Ford F350 #6416

, with trailer

Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry for the short notice but on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at the Fairfax County Police Driving Range (3725 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly) there will be command and communications units from around the Metro DC area for a joint show/exercise. 7:00am - 2:30pm.
Quote:This humougas Freightliner arrived at FS 21

and replaced the Tech Rescue trailer and tow

vehicle

I don't have any info on it yet

Bruce
Makes good sense. Better than the POD's or the TRSU's. Thanks, Bruce!
So I saw that Atlantic finally posted the drawings of the new TDA’s for Fairfax on their facebook page and they look like they will be nice. I was not a fan of the Velocity cab, but with the current Fairfax color scheme they look pretty sharp. I knew that they were ordering two, but now they have added a third one to the order… does anyone know where they are going and also what their new color and graphic scheme is now going to be? Thanks