Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairfax County VA
I understand that 1 of 2 Towers on order is going to 5. Neither one of the TDAs or New Towers will fit in FS8.

As I understand and I don't know the numbers, but Franconia VFD and Fairfax County FRD funded the new apparatus for TL405. If memory serves me, I think there was a similar partnership for the purchase of the new E401.
<p style="font-family:arial;font-size:10pt;">That's correct Sr. It will be painted Franconia colors but FXCO specs. It should be in soon according to a good friend of mine who is a MT assigned to it. The current one is pretty tired.

Quote:That's correct Sr. It will be painted Franconia colors but FXCO specs. It should be in soon according to a good friend of mine who is a MT assigned to it. The current one is pretty tired.
All those trips to Prince George's County did it in!
I'm wrong, I'm Wrong, I'm WRONG: New Pierce 95' RM Tower to FS08 (Annandale). TL430 taken to FS08 and it fit! I repent!
I'm thinking that when and if that 4th Tiller is purchased, it could go to FS411.....would give them a Tiller and a Tower on The Highway.....just sayin

Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
The reason the new tower will fit at 8 is because they remodeled the tower bay door to be taller. Construction only took a couple of weeks and you can barely notice the change. Also there is now a weekly update with pictures for the Tiller builds that the FC is sending out to the department, the red roofs look nice!

Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Quote:First peek at some new pumpers via the Pierce site. Engines 408 (Annandale), 434 (Oakton), 431 (Fox Mill)and Fire Academy. Note: For the first time (in my memory) there will be a county-owned rig running front line from Fire Station 8. Save your breath: don't even start on the Roto-Rays.
E434 marks the 100th Pierce unit built for Fairfax County.
I got  word that the vols at 22 will not be replacing T422. When that happens, the truck will be relocated to FS27 because of the proximity of T464.

The fourth tiller is most likely going to FS11
Quote:I got  word that the vols at 22 will not be replacing T422. When that happens, the truck will be relocated to FS27 because of the proximity of T464.

The fourth tiller is most likely going to FS11
When is T422 moving??
no time soon. because the vols aren't replacing the truck, when it needs to be, the county thinks it's better to move it to FS27

I have a big favor to ask if anyone can help...one of the EMT's in my department is moving down to Virginia to join Fairfax Co. Fire...she is starting the academy in February.  I would like to get a high quality pic of a newer Fairfax Co. rig - preferably a Training Academy rig or a new, unassigned rig (since we obviously have no idea what company she'll eventually get)!  I'd like to take the photo to Staples and get it blown up to poster size and have everyone sign it - make it her "goodbye/good luck card"!  If anyone here could e-mail me a pic I can use, I'd be extremely grateful.  Thanks in advance!  e-mail:  jquest6368@live.com

Quote:no time soon. because the vols aren't replacing the truck, when it needs to be, the county thinks it's better to move it to FS27
Well the county moved it to 27 before and then it went to 441. The vols were pissed and bought their own Truck of course this was before T464 was even thought of  
I have heard that "rumor" since my time in Fairfax in the early 80's.
Grapevine is saying 4th Tiller to FS11 and the fire house will be remodeled so that it can fit! 

Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
Spy Shot T410T (for those who remember the old CAD designators)

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow!

The new Rescue 421. Roto-rays are coming back to Fairfax !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TDA looks good.

Bring back the tandem axle Rescue Squads!

What will be the outcome of the current RS-421? Any reason the Fair Oaks VFC didn't purchase the RS?

Thanks

<strong class='bbc'><span style='font-family: times new roman,times,serif'><em class='bbc'>Brent Harne</em></span></strong>

Career Captain - Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, Leesburg Va. - Engine Co. 6

Fire Chief - Middletown Volunteer Fire Company #7, Middletown Md.
With a price tag of 750K+, most vols depts in the Great State of Fairfax County can't afford them. I've talked to one of the Rescue

Lts about dual axles, Pierce makes the single heavy enough to carry the load

FOVF&R has our Marion for sale

Bruce