Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairfax County VA
411, 418, 439 came first because 426 had the 2000 Dash. 426 came. Most recents have been 434, 411, and 421.
Anyone know if the vollies are close to replacing Engine 410 , 414/414B and 437? They are getting some age on them.
Trey White
We will not be replacing E410 too much money! I believe we have told the county we may revisit the idea in 8 years but as of now we cannot.

Firefighter - Arlington County Fire Department

Tower Co. 4 - C platoon 

"The Rat Pack"

Former Firefighter - Bailey's Crossroads VFD
437's paperwork is up for approval for a new engine from Franconia VFD, 14 is working on a new alpha engine process and 13 is looking into the fleet planning and financing starting this month towards buying a new alpha engine and make the PUC the bravo so we can unload the ALF, it's becoming a liability because of parts availability. 

Info update on Fairfax County Tiller Ladder Trucks

(Tiller) Truck 429 will go in service on July 27, Truck 410 on October 2.  In addition to the usual complement of truck company tools; they will also carry light vehicle extrication equipment including a Holmatro combo tool and power unit, reciprocating saw and some hand extrication tools (Glassmaster etc).   The intent of the extrication equipment is to begin extrication efforts prior to the arrival of a heavy rescue.  I do not know if they will have any cribbing or step-chocks to assist with stabilization.  

I see that Fairfax VFD currently has a rig in production any word if this is their new tower? http://www.atlanticemergency.com/custom/...ion?dpt=17
Could it be their new Impel pumper?

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:Could it be their new Impel pumper?
They have a Engine on order for Fairfax City? I only know of the Velocity Tower being built.
Trey White
Quote:They have a Engine on order for Fairfax City? I only know of the Velocity Tower being built.
That's my bad.  Too many sleepless nights with a newborn at home.  I looked at the wrong information, and they do NOT have an Impel pumper on order.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Look at the lights on the cab roof, it's clearly going to be an aerial device.

Any Fairfax County folks in the know have any scoop on a few changes . Truck 429s 2009 Pierce Velocity was supposed to become Truck 411 but instead is running as Reserve . I heard it wont fit in 11s house . Any help appreciated .
Trey White
Quote:Any Fairfax County folks in the know have any scoop on a few changes . Truck 429s 2009 Pierce Velocity was supposed to become Truck 411 but instead is running as Reserve . I heard it wont fit in 11s house . Any help appreciated .
It was seen running as Truck 438 on a first due fire this week. 
How many stations are still running Dash engines?

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
Are you talking about Volunteer or Career marked Engines?

Trey White
Engine 412 , 416 , 420 , 424 , 425 , 426 , 428, 436 , 441 are still assigned the county Dash models

Engine 424 and  428  have New Velocity's at the shops that will enter service soon .  

Engine 425 will have their Dash replaced by 442s 2013 Pierce Velocity as hey have a Pierce Velocity CAFS at the shop .

The Volunteer marked Dash's are Engine 405 , 405B , 410 , 417, 422 

Corrections Welcome

Trey White
Thanks Trey

Jeffrey W. Shippey

Frederick County, MD
EX FXCO Truck 11 (Thanks Firemag) ended up in Pittsburg for a bit https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Ma...cctid=7249
Pittsburgh had two of them as reserve rigs. Aerial 1 and 2. They finished running the wheels off of them. Almost got 10 years out of them, they were purchased at the end of 2006.
I see one of the San Diego KMEs in the background, and what's up with the front of Engine 24?
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Yeah we had one of FXCO's old '86 E\-One 110's for a while during a time our Tower was OOS. Singer took them all in on a trade on the original 03 Pierce ladders they bought. They kicked around Singer's yard for a while and then disappeared so I was good to find them again. Juice I understand Pittsburgh's fleet is in pretty rough shape so they have been picking up quite a few late model used rigs to fill the gaps.