Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairfax County VA
Quote:Juice I understand Pittsburgh's fleet is in pretty rough shape so they have been picking up quite a few late model used rigs to fill the gaps.   

I believe we collectively determined 4 or 5 of San Diego's old leases, through Brindlee Mountain the other day.
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
I don't want to clutter the Fairfax thread with Pittsburgh info, but the Pittsburgh fleet has been upgraded a lot over the past few years. All of the engines are now 2005 or newer. 16 Spartan/Spencer's purchased over 4 years. 5 San Diego engines were purchased to be used in reserve, and one will be assigned to Engine 26. Engine 24 was in an accident several months ago when it hit a bridge. I was told they will receive the 2007 KME that Engine 3 just had replaced. Aerial fleet is good but reserve fleet is depleted. Starting to get that taken care of as well. Any other questions feel free to message me and I can answer what I know.
Quote:I don't want to clutter the Fairfax thread with Pittsburgh info, but the Pittsburgh fleet has been upgraded a lot over the past few years. All of the engines are now 2005 or newer. 16 Spartan/Spencer's purchased over 4 years. 5 San Diego engines were purchased to be used in reserve, and one will be assigned to Engine 26. Engine 24 was in an accident several months ago when it hit a bridge. I was told they will receive the 2007 KME that Engine 3 just had replaced. Aerial fleet is good but reserve fleet is depleted. Starting to get that taken care of as well. Any other questions feel free to message me and I can answer what I know.
Are you sure that it's 16 Spencers?  There's only 13 on the streets from what I've seen.

Engine 3's KME is now in service at Engine 24.  I recently heard thru a PBF source, more of the KMEs will be assigned front-line.  No details on where/when.

With the arrival of the 2 newest aerials, Truck 32's Seagrave is being reassigned to Truck 30 and Truck 4's Seagrave is going to the reserve pool.
Fairfax city going to all red ?

Quote:Fairfax city going to all red ?

Quote:Tower 405

Quote:Engine 407 and 407B

If you're referring to these, the Engines strictly serve to fill at the Training Academy, and Franconia's entire fleet is Red, it's a Volunteer house.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
True, Tower 405 is a volunteer owned piece and the county vols have their own colors. E's 407 & 407B are academy training engines.  

Fairfax City which is a separate dept, but is dispatched and runs with FCFD, has volunteer members that purchase their fleet. Their ruling states vehicles must be white over red. If you look at the photos, just the roofs are white to keep with in the guidelines and still have a red vehicle 
Tower 403 from City of Fairfax VFD FB page

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey guys - looking for some Fairfax County apparatus assistance. Two quick questions:

1. Are all the E\-One reserve ladders gone?

2. What reserve ladder is running as Truck 11 now? And why has a new replacement truck been ordered.

Thanks for any available assistance.

Back again. Same question for Fairfax reserve engines. Are any E-Ones left or have they all be retired?

Thanks!

FXCO has no E\-One straight ladders in Reserve. I believe they have up to 4 E\-One Towers in Reserve since the Pierce MMP's are going straight out to disposal and none of the current RMP Pierce's in front line service have yet been replaced. I see 1 or 2 E\-One pumpers driving around the North Apparatus Shop time to time but I don't know how many are left.

I think 11 is in their original 03 or 05 Pierce Truck. It's unknown where 10's Pierce straight truck went in the reserve fleet but I heard rumors it might go to 11 since it was refurbed after the station roof collapsed on it back in 09.

Again what I have heard or know from sources in FXCO if anyone else can confirm. 
11s truck was totaled?

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
I answered with some of the same in the VA thread. Where did 429's Velocity rear mount end up?
I confirmed that 411 is running the 03 that was originally assigned to 11 when it was new. The truck the 11 rolled was totaled. I think 29's old RML is in reserve because 22 has been running a Velocity RML for a bit now,   

Quote:Back again. Same question for Fairfax reserve engines. Are any E-Ones left or have they all be retired?

Thanks!

I can verify that there is at least one E\-One engine in the reserve fleet, currently at Engine 428.  It was one of the last ones purchased, with the raised roof cab.  E428's 06 Pierce suffered some body damage in a minor accident and probably will go straight to reserve since the new E428 is at North Apparatus.
Thanks for the assistance everyone. Here is what I show. Corrections welcomed.

Ex-Tower 401 2000 Hurricane #7154

Ex-Tower 408/436 2001 Hurricane #7532

Ex-Tower 424 2001 Hurricane #7999

3 towers

----------------------------------------------------

Ex-ladder 425 2003 Dash 105'ladder #7012

Ex-ladder 429 2003 Dash 105'ladder #7041

Ex-ladder 410 2005 Dash 105'ladder #7010

Ex-Ladder 429 2009 Velocity 105'#7079

4 ladders

TOTAL 7 reserve trucks

E422 Greater Springfield VFD

2008 Pierce Dash 2000

[Image: 32616255461_ab18804e3f_k.jpg]

Bailey's Crossroads Truck 410

2015 Pierce Velocity

100' tiller

[Image: 31925766663_2b53a76845_k.jpg]

Caught this at a truck stop today getting fuel, on its way from the Pierce factory in Appleton, WI to the Pierce dealer in Virginia.

Fairfax (Virginia) City Fire Department
Foam Engine 403
2017 Pierce Velocity
Detroit Diesel DD13 500HP/2000GPM/650 Water/300 Foam
Pierce Job # 30721

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
New Engine 409

http://www.e-oneinprocess.com/index.php/...-01/141196

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:New Engine 409

http://www.e-oneinprocess.com/index.php/...-01/141196

So they ordered this and an Enforcer as oddballs away from the Velocities, anyone know why?
The county is staying with the Velocity. ....the Enforcer was ordered for Bailey's as something different to try out while the Eone was not ordered by the county but Lorton VFD who operates 2 Eone Pumpers. Financial issues resulted in the county paying for the Eone and sending it to 9
Trey White